Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They had mac and chesse for dinner.

Posted by   + Show Post
Today my energy has been super low and the morning sickness has kicked my ass. That on top of a kidney infection I haven't done much today. So I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner. They both said mac and cheese. So that's what they got. I feel kind of bad.

We usually have healthy meals. I love to cook for them but today has just been completely horrible. I'm making them home made waffles in the morning for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Replies (51-58):
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Okay lol

Quoting Anonymous:

EYEROLL.
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Yea hubby said that. I was just to tired to stand for to long. I didn't even want to wash clothes today but I did 2 loads.

Quoting seraphimsong:

My kids had Mac n cheese the other night for dinner and I did NOT feel bad. Sometimes you let kids eat kid food for dinner :)
momof2891
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
My husband will eat just about everything except grits, shrimp and greens (collard,turnip...)... I guess it's just a Southern thing. I love shrimp and grits and there a place in the city where I grew up that makes the best shrimp and grits! That's one of the things I am looking forward to when we move back to Mississippi. Try to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice. I hate kidney infections. And you're welcome!

Quoting amy1will:

Yea we love it to but I try not to make it much. I change meals with different stuff too. I love breakfast for dinner but Dh doesn't so I make it when he works late. Thank you. I'm laying down now.

Quoting momof2891:

Mac and cheese is part of many meals in my house. My kids love it and its a great way for them to get dairy and grain. I usually alternate become mac and cheese, rice, baked/mashed/roasted potatoes and pasta with different types of meat and a veggie. Sometimes we will have breakfast for supper. Hope you feel better soon

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Well that's something to feel good about.

I'm not gonna lie, when my dh works (he is a firefighter so he works every other day) I just don't wanna cook some huge meal for just the 3 of us. Soooooo sometimes I make quick easy things. I know I shouldn't, but after working all day and then having to come home and do laundry & baths I just don't feel like cooking a gourmet meal. I know they won't die if I make chicken nuggets once a month .... And it saves me some stress of cooking/doing a million dishes! I always just make sure to include a fruit & veggie so it's a little healthier :)

Quoting amy1will:

Yea hubby said that. I was just to tired to stand for to long. I didn't even want to wash clothes today but I did 2 loads.

Quoting seraphimsong:

My kids had Mac n cheese the other night for dinner and I did NOT feel bad. Sometimes you let kids eat kid food for dinner :)
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Oh yea it is a southern thing. I'm in Florida and love girts and shrimp. Hubby hates shrimp well seafood. Lol. I'm going to get cranapple when hubby gets home and I have a big bottle of water. I usually only get them when pregnant.

Quoting momof2891:

My husband will eat just about everything except grits, shrimp and greens (collard,turnip...)... I guess it's just a Southern thing. I love shrimp and grits and there a place in the city where I grew up that makes the best shrimp and grits! That's one of the things I am looking forward to when we move back to Mississippi. Try to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice. I hate kidney infections. And you're welcome!

Quoting amy1will:

Yea we love it to but I try not to make it much. I change meals with different stuff too. I love breakfast for dinner but Dh doesn't so I make it when he works late. Thank you. I'm laying down now.

Quoting momof2891:

Mac and cheese is part of many meals in my house. My kids love it and its a great way for them to get dairy and grain. I usually alternate become mac and cheese, rice, baked/mashed/roasted potatoes and pasta with different types of meat and a veggie. Sometimes we will have breakfast for supper. Hope you feel better soon

ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Seriously what is the big deal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2891
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
It's gotta be a southern thing. We live in IL until I am done with school and I get weird looks when I buy grits. I got kidney infections while I was pregnant especially with ds#2.

Quoting amy1will:

Oh yea it is a southern thing. I'm in Florida and love girts and shrimp. Hubby hates shrimp well seafood. Lol. I'm going to get cranapple when hubby gets home and I have a big bottle of water. I usually only get them when pregnant.

Quoting momof2891:

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting momof2891:

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Hubby is a manager at Arbys 45 mins away and they are open til 12am so on night he closes I will make breakfast for dinner or baked fries and chicken tenders. Something easy too. He usually closes on Fridays and they close at 1am then so he will have a pizza then since its close to 3 when he gets home.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Well that's something to feel good about.

I'm not gonna lie, when my dh works (he is a firefighter so he works every other day) I just don't wanna cook some huge meal for just the 3 of us. Soooooo sometimes I make quick easy things. I know I shouldn't, but after working all day and then having to come home and do laundry & baths I just don't feel like cooking a gourmet meal. I know they won't die if I make chicken nuggets once a month .... And it saves me some stress of cooking/doing a million dishes! I always just make sure to include a fruit & veggie so it's a little healthier :)

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting seraphimsong:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured