Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I give up!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

I just started a full time job, I'm 21 with 2 children under the age of 2, AND I attend college online full time. My daughter is 21 months old and literally every night when I lay her down for bed she poops and plays in it, eats it, colors with it all over everything! She can undo EVERY outfit I have for her. Onesies don't work because she goes up the legs of the diaper and plays in it, even with pants on over a onesie! Sleepers don't work because she unbuttons or unzips them! I am FED up!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore! She has NO interest in the potty. A friend of mine told me to put her in regular underwear and start potty training her. Well if I put her in underwear it's just going to be a bigger poop mess to clean up! UGH I don't know what to do! HELP!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hyman
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Well IMO that's an obvious sign that you could start to teach her to use the potty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heatherp23
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I have tried the potty. I had one that went on the floor, all she wanted to do was play with it and wear the seat as a hat. I have one that goes on the toilet now and she screams when I put her on it.. She ALWAYS goes to the bathroom when I do, and she watches and claps when I flush but the moment I sit her on the potty all hell breaks loose

Quoting Hyman:

Well IMO that's an obvious sign that you could start to teach her to use the potty.

desertlvn
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Yuck. That way sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Get her a straight jacket.

Allebas
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Have you taken the one-piece jammies AKA: bunny jammies and put them on her backward so the zipper goes up her back instead of up her front? I've had friends who've had to do this to keep their child from doing exactly what your child is doing. Good luck!!

jesistar6910
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Time to potty train.

RLT2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Allebas:

Have you taken the one-piece jammies AKA: bunny jammies and put them on her backward so the zipper goes up her back instead of up her front? I've had friends who've had to do this to keep their child from doing exactly what your child is doing. Good luck!!

Yup, my thoughts exactly! Zipper her in backwards!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Put the diaper on backward and duct tape the tabs lol or sit her on the toilet until she poops.
flower_momma
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Foootie jammies backwards with the zipper in back. I have never met a 21 month old who can get out of that. Just cut off the feet so that they aren't backwards. I have heard of moms safety-pinning the zipper down, but IDK if I would feel comfortable doing that.

flower_momma
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup! LOL.

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting Allebas:

Yup, my thoughts exactly! Zipper her in backwards!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN