Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$130,000 a year and still can't get it together.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Two years ago we made about $50,000 a year. Fast forward to now, we make more than double and we still have issues.

Ugh. More money, more problems. Living in DC doesn't help either. We used to live in Colorado.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Cut bills...dont use credit cards cut them and stay with the lowest one.if you rent try downsizing..if you have cars try using the one that uses the least gas.compare insurance sometimes you can find the.same on cheaper.i saved 50 bucks a month switching companys.if you have cells lower your plan if you can.if you.eat out alot cut that and go out once.a week.budget!
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

that is my husband's salary alone(I work part time) but living on long island we are not living it up at all.  pOur mortgage is paid off, but he has 1100 in federal taxes taken out every two weeks, plus huge health premiums.  It would be a nice salary in a really low cost of living area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

We don't use credit cards anymore. I love my debit card.

The problem is all the loans we had to take out to get to DC. The expense of moving. Borrowing from family to make ends meet before the pay kicked in.

I'm just stressed because I'm constantly thinking of what and who we owe. And having ot pay bills. We have three loans out right now totalling a little more than 12,000. Owe my folks about $2500 and my brother a $1000. Just paid off my truck which was a whopping $730! We will NEVER do that again but I'm so glad to have it paid off. We still have my Dh car to pay on.

We can pay these things but I'd like to have them paid off now. Once it's all done I can breathe. It's possible by the end of this year but boy this shit just doesn't make sense...

And I do wish we could get back to Colorado sometimes. But the job is here.

shrugging

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I'm the Original Poster.  I don't know why it doesn't say so in my response here:

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't use credit cards anymore. I love my debit card.

The problem is all the loans we had to take out to get to DC. The expense of moving. Borrowing from family to make ends meet before the pay kicked in.

I'm just stressed because I'm constantly thinking of what and who we owe. And having ot pay bills. We have three loans out right now totalling a little more than 12,000. Owe my folks about $2500 and my brother a $1000. Just paid off my truck which was a whopping $730! We will NEVER do that again but I'm so glad to have it paid off. We still have my Dh car to pay on.

We can pay these things but I'd like to have them paid off now. Once it's all done I can breathe. It's possible by the end of this year but boy this shit just doesn't make sense...

And I do wish we could get back to Colorado sometimes. But the job is here.

shrugging

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM
4 moms liked this

50K in CO is somewhat comparable to 130K in DC, given the cost of living and consumerist cultures. Just saying.

slightlyperfect

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM

get rid of television, internet, cell phones, get land lines (home phones), don't go out to eat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM
3 moms liked this

wahhhhh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Yah it is. But we were also AD military back then. We had a large chunk of our expenses paid for including rent. We don't get that luxuary now.

Oh well. Lots of people do it on less. We've just got to get a handle on all our outgoing expenses.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

50K is CO is somewhat comparable to 130K in DC, given the cost of living and consumerist cultures. Just saying.

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM
The more you make the bigger the bills. It sounds like you are making headway in paying your bills. A financial planner may be able to help you see the light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
5 moms liked this

70% of all Americans live beyond their means.  This obviously includes the rich, the poor and everything in between.  You should go to a financial peace university by Dave Ramsey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN