Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$130,000 a year and still can't get it together.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Two years ago we made about $50,000 a year. Fast forward to now, we make more than double and we still have issues.

Ugh. More money, more problems. Living in DC doesn't help either. We used to live in Colorado.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I can't even imagine what we could do with that kind of income. It is all about a budget and not living beyond your means with whatever you have.  When I do find a job, we are going to live pretty much the same, but not have to struggle so much and save the difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering if anyone else on here read cracked. Love their articles. 

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-stupidest-habits-you-develop-growing-up-poor_p2/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Thats not all that much living in DC. I make that myself and dh makes more. The cost of living is very high. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Move to a lower cost of living area and commute to DC. My husband works in DC and we live about an hour and a half away with no traffic. He carpools 80% of the time (drives 30 minutes north to meet up with his carpool), and on bad days can be in the car up to 6 hours, but it's worth it for us because it means we live under our means.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Dave Ramsey has some classes here locally. I did mention to Dh that I want to check one out. There are quite a few classes actually. He would come to our post on Ft Carson and Dh would never want to go. I should have just gone myself. We do need some kind of guidance at this point. I'm just sick and tired of being stressed. I know it won't last for ever but damn....

Quoting tharealty2:

70% of all Americans live beyond their means.  This obviously includes the rich, the poor and everything in between.  You should go to a financial peace university by Dave Ramsey.

Rian33
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

We left CO because there was no work. We ended up in OK and are still paycheck to paycheck but are happier. Miss the mountains and the hunting though. What part of CO were you from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Move back to Colorado.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Good advice and I'm already looking into it. We are renting in Riverdale. We would like to purchase at some point but there's no way I would want to buy a home in some of these parts. I mean my goodness, it's not Beverly Hills but some of the prices on these homes. OMG.

I would like to move up north near Ft. Meade.

Quoting Anonymous:

Move to a lower cost of living area and commute to DC. My husband works in DC and we live about an hour and a half away with no traffic. He carpools 80% of the time (drives 30 minutes north to meet up with his carpool), and on bad days can be in the car up to 6 hours, but it's worth it for us because it means we live under our means.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Haha where I live that would be rich but where I live is the lowest cost of living in the country
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

You are right, it's sure isn't. And yes the cost of living is crazy high.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats not all that much living in DC. I make that myself and dh makes more. The cost of living is very high. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

We were in Colorado Springs at Ft. Carson. I have nothing but good things to say about Colorado. Loved it there. It's just gorgeous and my kids were always busy.

Quoting Rian33:

We left CO because there was no work. We ended up in OK and are still paycheck to paycheck but are happier. Miss the mountains and the hunting though. What part of CO were you from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Move back to Colorado.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)