Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$130,000 a year and still can't get it together.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Two years ago we made about $50,000 a year. Fast forward to now, we make more than double and we still have issues.

Ugh. More money, more problems. Living in DC doesn't help either. We used to live in Colorado.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

He is amazing.  Google him and go to his website.  He has quite a few books too and they are all excellent.  I cannot stress this enough to young people.  It can and will change your life if you follow his recommendations.

Quoting tharealty2:

70% of all Americans live beyond their means.  This obviously includes the rich, the poor and everything in between.  You should go to a financial peace university by Dave Ramsey.

tharealty2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

http://prettygirlsrockdresses.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/52-week-money-challenge1.jpg?w=595&h=595

tharealty2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

don't know how to make it a clicky

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's funny you ask that. I did hear of it and I mentioned it two Dh about two weeks ago. I read about it on here. I have started it in my Paypal acct. Lol. I think it's a neat idea and I just wanted to give it a try.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dave Ramsey has some classes here locally. I did mention to Dh that I want to check one out. There are quite a few classes actually. He would come to our post on Ft Carson and Dh would never want to go. I should have just gone myself. We do need some kind of guidance at this point. I'm just sick and tired of being stressed. I know it won't last for ever but damn....

Quoting tharealty2:

70% of all Americans live beyond their means.  This obviously includes the rich, the poor and everything in between.  You should go to a financial peace university by Dave Ramsey.

I totally get it.  If you have to go by yourself - go, alot of it is things that we all knw and just don't do, but there are alot of tools and stuff to help you and alot of things you've never thought about..  Have you ever heard of the dollar/wk savings?

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
WWW.daveramsey.com is your friend
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Austin would be awesome! You're lucky. I love Austin. Dh is originally from Texas but furthe east- Tyler. We were stationed at Ft. Hood once and the home prices are so good. You can totally make your money go far there.

Quoting robibuni:

Wow. If DH made that much, we'd be sooooo well off here in Austin.

We live sorta comfortably on $55K a year, but its only because we're still paying off medical bills from DD2's birth, and paying off our furniture we bought (that we so desperately needed since our older stuff was falling apart). Once all that is paid off, I'm sure we'll be more comfortable...but man, $130K would be awesome.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I love Austin because its soooooo child/family friendly, and the food and live music scene are good too, heh. Always something to do! And yes your money does go further down here...plus the housing market is still pretty awesome around here.

I used to go to Tyler all the time! I was born and raised in Shreveport, LA and Tyler was only like, an hour and a half away so we would go to the zoo there as kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

Austin would be awesome! You're lucky. I love Austin. Dh is originally from Texas but furthe east- Tyler. We were stationed at Ft. Hood once and the home prices are so good. You can totally make your money go far there.

Quoting robibuni:

Wow. If DH made that much, we'd be sooooo well off here in Austin.

We live sorta comfortably on $55K a year, but its only because we're still paying off medical bills from DD2's birth, and paying off our furniture we bought (that we so desperately needed since our older stuff was falling apart). Once all that is paid off, I'm sure we'll be more comfortable...but man, $130K would be awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Elyce? Is that you..

Quoting Anonymous:

Two years ago we made about $50,000 a year. Fast forward to now, we make more than double and we still have issues.

Ugh. More money, more problems. Living in DC doesn't help either. We used to live in Colorado.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Nope. No Elyce here. I'm a fairly new member going anonymous as this is kind of an embarrassing issue for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Elyce? Is that you..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured