Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flu shot is a big fail as always I want my money back!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

Every year  I get a Flu Shot and every year I get the flu any way's So what is the freakiing point!

I and my son go tothe ER sick as dogs and the doctors goes iwth, a hairy eyeball  did oyu get a Flu shot  I can see he was getting ready to the   you should of  gave him a Flu shot your a bad parents speech...

When I said yes we did in Septetmber... All of a sudden his head hangs low and says well  they  our not all that effective this year blah blah blah ! Medicne is not perefect blah blah blah! 

Why in the Hell do you give the flu speech any way s  I know they our no tall the way effective so forth  he moves on with a smile!

I was like what ever!

I admit I  like to know  why do they not include as many strains as possible ... HAHAHA now your ER"S our  flooded I hope  it makes you all sick for that LOLOLOL I  do not care if  it sounds mean!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Wee-Ooo-wee-Ooo

Here come the grammar police!!🚨🚓🚔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

huh? yourpostsoundedlikethis.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
To hard to read
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Why would you go to the er for the flu?
When we all got the flu last year, we took DS to his pedi, got him flu medicine and SO and i toughed it out.
waffa
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this

flu vaccine is based on last year's strains and they try to guess which one will make a comeback this year; sometimes they get it right and sometimes not, so I never bother with them for me or my kids.

call me a bad mom if anyone wants, but none of us have had the flu in years and my youngest, 9 next month, has never had it.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM

My son was having a hard time breathing I was coughing up blood ...Sorry sick wanted  to vent!

We both have bad  Asthma so our protecolas stated by dcotor  just do  not bother calling him just go and I made a good judgment call!  I was just mad cuz the shot did not work at all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

The flu shot actually only works about 60% of the time for the average person. That is why a lot of people skip it. It is more effective for the elderly, immune compromised, and very young, working at about 80% of the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Knock on wood...I've never had the flu with or without the flu shot. I just hope DD doesn't get super sick because I definitely don't want to be around all the sickly people at the hospital. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Yes, it's frustrating. If you do get the flu shot, you get "well it's not always effective" and if you don't you get "you should get the flu shot, then you wouldn't be sick all the time".

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Quoting Cutenessmom:

My son was having a hard time breathing I was coughing up blood ...Sorry sick wanted  to vent!

We both have bad  Asthma so our protecolas stated by dcotor  just do  not bother calling him just go and I made a good judgment call!  I was just mad cuz the shot did not work at all!

Oh, okay.

Well, the shot isn't always effective. Its usually a hit or miss since the flu strain changes every year. I can tell you the one time we didn't get DS the flu shot we all got the flu. This year, we got him a shot and we haven't caught anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN