Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I keep my dog off the couch

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
When no one is home? When we are home, he doesn't dare do it. He sleeps on his dog bed. But sometimes, when we've been out for a few hours, we'll come home and there he is, nice and comfy on the couch. He sheds a lot and I really hate having his fur on the sofa.

Any advice? He's 1.5 and we've had him since he was 6 weeks old.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Easy, use plastic carpet, put it across you couch/chair, upside down.  I have a clietn (im a maid) who does this with his dogs and it works great.

Cannabisaurus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Genius! And simple. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!
dogsdogsdogs
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Dear Cannabisaurus,

My husband and I created a product to keep your dog off of the couch. We love our dogs but were tired of them taking over our couch...saliva stains, dogs hair like kryptonite and grime.  We created the couch defender. It takes up the space on your couch. When you go to bed or when you leave the house open it and secure it on the couch. The end panels keep it secure.  it collapses to approximately 1.5 inches to fit under the couch or whereever you want to store it. It will not hurt or scare your dog. Our dogs look at it, realize that there is no space and go back to their beds. Simple and easy. No more books, no more rubbermaid containers, no more bar stools all over the couch. It will definately save you money in the long run.

Our product is patented and we started our website October 2012. We have excellent reviews for the product and for customer service. Go check us out at http://www.couchdefender.com/

Shipping is currently free.

LaughingTattoo
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Mine get locked in the kitchen. They hate it but they wont stay off the furniture and it pisses me off when they drool on crap. So on the rare occasionas they are left alone, they stay in the kitchen

ALXtheg8
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Crate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Mine are crated when we are gone
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I do this. She learned quickly!!

Quoting 428:

Easy, use plastic carpet, put it across you couch/chair, upside down.  I have a clietn (im a maid) who does this with his dogs and it works great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AislynnsMom178
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM
You need to claim your space, as in when the dog wants on the couch, you re direct him. Say no firmly and physically move him away from it and put yourself between him and the couch. Watch some dog whisperer lol he's doing it because he doesn't respect you or see you as pack leader.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured