Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ha! Its great, smarta$$ :P

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I work at front desk in a hotel.  We just had a guy come in and say he needed a room and that he was traveling for work but not with his company =/  *okay*  Could I give him a corp rate.  So tonight our rates are  112 plus tax and my corp rate is 104 plus tax.  He said I cant do that so I went to 92 plus tax.( I could have gone to 89 as my lowest but he was being a snobby jerk). He then tells me that he "believes he saw us on hotwire for 62 a night.  Can I use your computer it will be easier than my phone"  >=|  Yes Sir, its right around the corner.  First off, hotwire doesnt tell you WHO you are staying with.  At the toll exit we are at there is our company, a Super 8 and a Best Western. There is no way on God green Earth that our room would go that low.  So Im at front desk and I hear him print so I check the res list and there isnt anything.  He walks past and says "well I guess I dont get to stay with you tonight"  and walks out.  I will just say, that if you are going somewhere ALWAYS call the hotel (stopping in is better) and see the lowest possible rate.  If your nice and its slow I will always work with a person as much as Im allowed to get them to stay here.  We will have families that 1 will go online(priceline, hotwire expedia) and see the difference that their family pays then gets upset.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Replies (21-23):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM

We do have weeks and weekends where our prices do increase quiet a bit.  Both MIS weekends say you check in on Friday and you stay till Monday.  Friday and Sat for a standard room are 145(plus tax)  our Jacuzzis are 170 PT.  Sunday night(because the race is over and people leave) they go back down to 109(standard) and 134.  Its the same when our county fair or any event there is going on.  We are a few hundred yards from the grounds and always ALWAYS sold out.

Quoting teal.blaze:

Yep. Our local comfort inn actually drives the prices way up for football games and such. It was over $300 a night the whole weekend that our MAC school played a Big 10 school!! This post interested me because I'm in school for my hospitality degree :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Duh thank you I forgot about that.  Yes we also have a fitness center business center laundry facility and each room has a fridge and microwave.

Quoting teal.blaze:

You don't stay at hotels often, do you? That's a typical rate. Normal rate for a hotel (especially of it has a pool, fitness center, in-room fridges, etc.) is generally between $79 and $120 depending on day of the week, discounts, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

whuddya work at the hilton? 100 is a lot for one night

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
You are so sweet.Thank you for helping people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lmfao.That is only common sense.Or so I thought.My husband is x military.When we we're traveling to his next duty station I would always plan ahead.Which hotel is best with good rates.

I will have people come in and when I ask for a license or id they wont even show me their military/police and Ill see it in their wallet and Ill ask.  (I dont care if your a vet. or current, police or fire fighter.  Your serving your country and community and I WILL give you a discount!  )  Thank you for your hubbys service!  If were dead like we are tonight I will automatically go as low as possible if its better than our local or gov rate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Really?  I live in GA and it is 100 or more a night even at the shabby mom and pop hotels.  What crackhouse roach motels are you staying at?

Quoting Anonymous:

whuddya work at the hilton? 100 is a lot for one night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)