Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not purged out of jail, what happens next?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My kids father is in jail for contempt of a court order, failure to pay child support. He was sent to jail for 30 days with a purge amount which hasn't been paid. He says doesn't  have a job and his girlfriend supports him.  Will he walk free after time served or be brought back to court?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I've never been in this situation but I would imagine he will be going to court again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

He will go back to court and then possibly return to jail. My ex didnt pay what he was suppose to so he was released taken back into court 3 days later and returned to jail for 60 days. He finally realized the court wasn't joking and paid what he was suppose to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Me either but assume it's back to court.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never been in this situation but I would imagine he will be going to court again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Was your ex given 3 days to get money? I am a little confused with the 3 days part, sorry please bear with me my mind is racing.

Quoting Anonymous:

He will go back to court and then possibly return to jail. My ex didnt pay what he was suppose to so he was released taken back into court 3 days later and returned to jail for 60 days. He finally realized the court wasn't joking and paid what he was suppose to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Yes they gave him 3 days from the date of his release. He laughed and thought the judge was kidding he found out differently real quick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

My ex thought they were joking too and thought court was dismissed.  He started walking towards the exit. A court officer said, wrong way and took him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they gave him 3 days from the date of his release. He laughed and thought the judge was kidding he found out differently real quick.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Mine walked out 4 hrs later bc of jail over-crowding. He's now $80,000 behind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Ya my ex know knows that when the court says something he had better do it or he will sit in jail. The judge told him the next time he comes into court for non payment he will sit in jail for 160 days.

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex thought they were joking too and thought court was dismissed.  He started walking towards the exit. A court officer said, wrong way and took him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

That's crazy, no wonder he doesn't pay if it isn't enforced.

Quoting MichLW69:

Mine walked out 4 hrs later bc of jail over-crowding. He's now $80,000 behind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Do you mind if I ask what state?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya my ex know knows that when the court says something he had better do it or he will sit in jail. The judge told him the next time he comes into court for non payment he will sit in jail for 160 days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)