Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What am I supposed to be feeling?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Just got on anti-depressants and anxiety meds today, they are clonazepam and bupropion. Is anyone else on these meds? Do you feel a difference? How long have you been on them?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittlePiggies5
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Bump for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I don't know about those particular meds, but most drs tell you it will be a few weeks before you feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I haven't been on either of those. I have depression and every medicine my psychiatrist put me on, the medicine made me very sleepy and I could not function! I stopped going to him and just live with depression. :(  Good luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Clonazepam is awesome. It's as needed but it's basically like a chill pill. It helps you relax and not stress so much. It helps me relax so I can fall asleep.

nelliesmommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I don't take those. Bump for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Can I ask what's your mg on them? Mine is 0.5mg and it says take as needed but I've never been on any strong meds like this before so I am not sure if the mg is just too low, or if that's normal or what.

Quoting Anonymous:

Clonazepam is awesome. It's as needed but it's basically like a chill pill. It helps you relax and not stress so much. It helps me relax so I can fall asleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Welbutrin made me wired, anxious and crabby. I am now on lexapro. Took about 3-4 weeks to make me feel better. I had worse anxiety for awhile while starting it, but it's "normal". I was on paxil for many years, but I don't recommend it. The clonazepam is great.
xtina8817
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
It takes several weeks to build up in your system. And they'll have to up you a few times. It can take a few month to notice an effect. DONT ask what other ppl felt, you will get horror stories. The chemicals that are imbalanced and the feelings you're feeling are not the same necessarily as anyone here who's taken it. All it will do is make you nervous and a hypochondriac.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Welbutrin might work best for you. It made me peppy! It's very common with that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't been on either of those. I have depression and every medicine my psychiatrist put me on, the medicine made me very sleepy and I could not function! I stopped going to him and just live with depression. :(  Good luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Would a glass of wine help? For me sometimes it does help with my anxiety and loosing myself up a little;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN