Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race Rant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies
6 moms liked this

This is something that has really been bothering me as of late with all of the race posts that have been coming up (in this group as well as other groups I frequent). It bothers me that I am reading so much about  white people having it so much easier and whatnot but if you say anything about being black then you don't know and will never understand..... blah blah blah. But apparently you know exactly what it is like to be white since they know we have it easier? How is this? I love that people expect you to see things their way yet have a habit of never attempting to see things through anyone else's eyes. If you can't see someone else's side and understand where they are coming from then how in the world do you expect them to do as much for you?

I also believe that if you are always looking for racism that you will always find it. If you go in not feeling equal then you make it so. Life is a self fulfilling prophecy if you are told by parents and siblings that you will always be at a disadvantage, always be down and out and misunderstood then you (subconsciously) do it to yourself and then pass these viewpoints down. I really believe that as a society we could over come racism but their has to be a lot more open mindedness & communication then there has been. Less blame and more discussion everyone has to learn to hear the other persons side and what certain things feel like and make a valid attempt to understand it.... it may not be the same as yours but remember not everything has to be a pissing contest of who has it harder.... having never lived through someone else's life you don't know what its like or what it did to them.

rant over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I concur
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know, I've never said or thought that.
your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
17 moms liked this
So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.
I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.
Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
4 moms liked this
Sweety, you will always have it easier. You are in a place of privilege in this country. It will remained that way as long as whites dominate the government.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Eh I don't care about race. I treat everyone equal. If I like you I don't care if you are purple. Same goes if you make me mad.

Corrylove
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
That's crazy..

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweety, you will always have it easier. You are in a place of privilege in this country. It will remained that way as long as whites dominate the government.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Lmao. Ridiculous post.

And Racism will never end
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Have you ever been turned down for a job because you were black? Or was it something else and you just say it was because you're black?

I see that all too often. Sorry. I don't buy that, They treat me different because I'm black. You just think its because you're black, when really, it could be  a number of things.

Quoting your_angel:

So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.
I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.
Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.

your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM
8 moms liked this
Actually no I've never been turned down from a job for that but I have been denied housing. I went to go look at a house to rent and I was told I don't lease to your kind. My mother got passed up for a promotion in her field of work years ago when she's worked for them for 30 years has her Ph.d and is well known for all her accomplishments iin the field to a 50 year old white man with a bachelors degree and no time in his field in that state. Lmfao but I'm sure you'll try to convince me that as educated she is and as long as she's been working in her field that she probably just wasn't right for the job or they had another reason for choosing him.
Bitch pplease. The sad thing is most people know they've been discriminated against for being black because their told!!! I never assume. You really think no ones every told me point blank no I wont "serve your kind" getting the Fu k outta here with that nieve mess. Grow up seriously. That shit happens on a regular basis. That's how we KNOW it was because of our race.

Any other questions????

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been turned down for a job because you were black? Or was it something else and you just say it was because you're black?

I see that all too often. Sorry. I don't buy that, They treat me different because I'm black. You just think its because you're black, when really, it could be  a number of things.

Quoting your_angel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I grew up being treated poorly because i was "that white girl." In my home town i could not get a job because i wasn't like everyone else. I had to look for a job in the town a half an hour from me. Now i don't work in the same town i grew up in, but it is predominately a black neighborhood. I would say probably 45% of the time when a black person comes in to my store and i have to charge them for something.. Say they didn't refuel, or there was new damage to the equipment, i am automatically labeled a racist. I've even had a woman call the cops on me!

I may not know what it's like to be black,.but i know what it's like to be treated like crap and accused of bullshit because of how i look.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN