Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race Rant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something that has really been bothering me as of late with all of the race posts that have been coming up (in this group as well as other groups I frequent). It bothers me that I am reading so much about  white people having it so much easier and whatnot but if you say anything about being black then you don't know and will never understand..... blah blah blah. But apparently you know exactly what it is like to be white since they know we have it easier? How is this? I love that people expect you to see things their way yet have a habit of never attempting to see things through anyone else's eyes. If you can't see someone else's side and understand where they are coming from then how in the world do you expect them to do as much for you?

I also believe that if you are always looking for racism that you will always find it. If you go in not feeling equal then you make it so. Life is a self fulfilling prophecy if you are told by parents and siblings that you will always be at a disadvantage, always be down and out and misunderstood then you (subconsciously) do it to yourself and then pass these viewpoints down. I really believe that as a society we could over come racism but their has to be a lot more open mindedness & communication then there has been. Less blame and more discussion everyone has to learn to hear the other persons side and what certain things feel like and make a valid attempt to understand it.... it may not be the same as yours but remember not everything has to be a pissing contest of who has it harder.... having never lived through someone else's life you don't know what its like or what it did to them.

rant over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Replies (171-180):
NaturesMuse
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Seriously.. I've seen all sides of the Race agrument.. and had them all directed at me...

I've seen racism from whites, blacks, hispanics, and everything else, except my Korean aunt and she's one of the most opressed people I've ever met in this country outside of a couple of arabic families I know...

Hell I've seen the black/white war in my OWN FAMILY... it's all the same old argument that doesn't entirely apply anymore.. there are those on both sides that are reaching out.. but more on both sides that are butt hurt and keep bashing those people into the ground...

No.. white people will not understand what it means to be black... black people will not understand what it means to be white... but what neither seems to understand is what it means to just be PEOPLE.

There is ugly on all sides.. and defending the ugly on either side is wrong.. and guess what.. it's RACIST.. so everyone who claims not to be.. then argues the ugly.. IS.. like it or not and regardless of your skin tone...

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

The point is....EVERYONE experiences discrimination in some fashion and it will not go away because we're all human and full of pride and prejudices. That's the sad fact. People are so willing to jump on somebody's case for saying "stop paying attention to the differences and being a victim" and turn it around into a "but you dont understand..." cry fest. Maybe they haven't experienced EXACTLY what you have, but that doesn't mean they don't know what it feels like to be treated different because of how they look, how much money they have/dont have, what they wear, etc. To assume that you corner the market on discrimination just because you are a legally recognized minority is asinine.

your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:23 AM
This is true.....when a white person is discriminated against you lose your job or miss out on a promotion at work. When black people get discriminated against........they do 25 to life!
Lmfao

Its really not funny but you know its true in SOME situations.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anyone who believes or makes the statement that whites are the minority nullifies any other word that comes out of their mouth because they have officially proven their stupidity.

Furthermore, no one said white people do not experience racism, what people said was that being a minority, you will ALWAYS

have it

Harder. That's just the fact. White people have a totally different experience of racism. So you got made fun of by black people? Boo hoo. So you have to watch what you say around black people? Boo hoo. Those trivial problems

Are not SHIT compared to the trials minorities have to go through , and everytime pol

Attempt to compare the two I just laugh.

The racism minorities have to go through are keeping them from an education, are sending them to JAIL, are being falsely arrested, are being KILLED innocently by false police operations, are being prosecuted 20 times more harshly than whites, are being uneducated due to lack of funding in minority schools.

PLEASE tell me how your trivial incidence of racism is RUINING your LIFE as a WHTE PERSON? That's right, it's not. It's just bruisin your ego.

Here's your assignment: Google "minorities and the justice system"

And get back to me. Or "minorities and the education system"

Educate yourself on how racism

And racial

Profiling are RUINING minority lives, then come back and bitch about shit you don't know

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I agree with you if someone is judged its not about color it's the way they dress, act, talk, come off and carry them selves. I'm so sick of black people trying to make everything about race. They do it to their self. They address each other in racial terms and its "ok" because they are black so they can call each other "Nigga" but to hear it come out of a white mouth it's HORRIBLE. Well maybe they should stop referring to themselves as that.

Whites are also the minority in the US now with Black Americans growing faster and faster.

I don't care what race you are if you come off as a dumb ass expect to be called a dumb ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Very well said. I wish I could like this post a million times.

Quoting NaturesMuse:

Seriously.. I've seen all sides of the Race agrument.. and had them all directed at me...

I've seen racism from whites, blacks, hispanics, and everything else, except my Korean aunt and she's one of the most opressed people I've ever met in this country outside of a couple of arabic families I know...

Hell I've seen the black/white war in my OWN FAMILY... it's all the same old argument that doesn't entirely apply anymore.. there are those on both sides that are reaching out.. but more on both sides that are butt hurt and keep bashing those people into the ground...

No.. white people will not understand what it means to be black... black people will not understand what it means to be white... but what neither seems to understand is what it means to just be PEOPLE.

There is ugly on all sides.. and defending the ugly on either side is wrong.. and guess what.. it's RACIST.. so everyone who claims not to be.. then argues the ugly.. IS.. like it or not and regardless of your skin tone...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Word!

Quoting your_angel:

So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.
I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.
Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.

myusernamedied
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM

No, I believe you are misreading my comments, I'm making perfect sense.
I was merely pointing out in this case how you would be considered right based on all of the factors pertaining to rules that aren't always followed.
But the fact that she mentioned the rule didn't make her wrong, she just made a valid point in the debate, although flawed.

Quoting your_angel:

You're not making any sense. I never said you deleted anyone's comments I said you were mistaken and must have misread them.
Not to mention what point are you talking about? She made no valid point lol. I'm the one who said that just because a rule is set doesn't mean an employer will follow it. Since when does something being illegal stop people from doing again. You also must be confused about how affirmative action works if that's the unknown point that you were referring to.
I'm lost here.

Quoting myusernamedied:

I quoted a reply of yours that I found interesting. I don't delete anyone else's comments, that's too much work for my lazy ass. HAH.
As I stated, I read not only your comments, but many others, I wasn't even referring to this woman, clearly I was speaking overall.
Regardless, she made somewhat of a valid point. Rules are rules and although many may not follow, a point to be made, no matter how ridiculous is still a point.
As you mentioned, a debate is a debate afterall.

Quoting your_angel:

Its ironic that you chose to quote the reply I sent in response to a known racist here on cm who clearly put her foot in her mouth. You're mistaken. There was nothing common about her knowledge or correct about it either. If you look through all the post I'm actually in agreement with most posters like how racism comes from both sides and people of ALL races are discriminated against and its equally disgusting. Again you've clearly misread something. A debate is a debate. No poking holes here just differentiating fact and fiction.

Quoting myusernamedied:

Sweetheart, I AM a minority. 
I have read a lot of comments that have come from you on this post, among others.
By being a victim, I was referring to the fact that you keep poking holes into other peoples' comments that seem to be common knowledge. It's well known that racism is alive and well in these ages.
I've faced racism not only from the public, but family as well.
That being sad, I don't think that EVERYONE is wrong on here because their opinions and standpoints are askew from my own.

Quoting your_angel:

You must not know me. I'm Angelica nice to meet you. Me a victim. That's ironic coming from you.
I don't let anybody ESPECIALLY in here make me feel inferior or like a victim. I'm a black woman (a strong one at that) never a victim. Read through all the post before you get it twisted. Because in this post fromyour standpoint....now YOURE the minority.

Quoting myusernamedied:

Why do you ALWAYS have to be the victim? These are some valid points, though not always the case; it doesn't make them wrong.

Quoting your_angel:

I'm not sure if you're new at this or not but since when do people start doing what their supposed to? You really think that just because an employer is told to make sure they hire so many people of different races they will? Why because there's consequences if they don't? Not to mention why do you think rules like that were set up? To give minorities a chance.
Oh and trust me if you and I were up for the same job they'd pick me because I'm educated articulate and interview well not because I'm black sweetie. We're on two totally different levels mama ;)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Too bad that no one is allowed to deny yoy because of your race.

Secondly,

Youd get a job before I do because of your race.

They have to hire minority first and thats you.

So I could be the best person for the postion.

But because youre a different color that means Youll get job.

Quoting your_angel:

So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.

I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.

Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Everytime
I hear about a white person telling some lame story about how they experienced racism its the dumbest trivial shit that had absolutely NO long term affect on their life period. Its one isolated meaningless incident. give me a fucking break! It's like complaining you haven't eaten in 2 hours to a starving child in a 3rd world country.

When they are forced to the ground because they "fit the description"
Of a murder that happened 25 fucking cities away and are humiliated and violated in front of a crowd of people, then please get back to me, because it's impossible for racial
Profiling to exist when you are a MAJORITY.
Quoting your_angel:

This is true.....when a white person is discriminated against you lose your job or miss out on a promotion at work. When black people get discriminated against........they do 25 to life!

Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

Anyone who believes or makes the statement that whites are the minority nullifies any other word that comes out of their mouth because they have officially proven their stupidity.

Furthermore, no one said white people do not experience racism, what people said was that being a minority, you will ALWAYS

have it

Harder. That's just the fact. White people have a totally different experience of racism. So you got made fun of by black people? Boo hoo. So you have to watch what you say around black people? Boo hoo. Those trivial problems

Are not SHIT compared to the trials minorities have to go through , and everytime pol

The racism minorities have to go through are keeping them from an education, are sending them to JAIL, are being falsely arrested, are being KILLED innocently by false police operations, are being prosecuted 20 times more harshly than whites, are being uneducated due to lack of funding in minority schools.

PLEASE tell me how your trivial incidence of racism is RUINING your LIFE as a WHTE PERSON? That's right, it's not. It's just bruisin your ego.

And racial

Profiling are RUINING minority lives, then come back and bitch about shit you don't know

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I agree with you if someone is judged its not about color it's the way they dress, act, talk, come off and carry them selves. I'm so sick of black people trying to make everything about race. They do it to their self. They address each other in racial terms and its "ok" because they are black so they can call each other "Nigga" but to hear it come out of a white mouth it's HORRIBLE. Well maybe they should stop referring to themselves as that.

Whites are also the minority in the US now with Black Americans growing faster and faster.

I don't care what race you are if you come off as a dumb ass expect to be called a dumb ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM
And out of that you concluded that I was a victim lol ok well I appreciate your skewed opinion and uh you have yourself a good night :)

P.S you're looking way too deep and obviously missed the point of the post. You've yet to comment on the real topic itself insgead came directly at me with some victim bullshit. You wouldn't be the first to do such. It's cute really. Hit me up another time and ill stay and rap with ya. Until then...

Quoting myusernamedied:

No, I believe you are misreading my comments, I'm making perfect sense.
I was merely pointing out in this case how you would be considered right based on all of the factors pertaining to rules that aren't always followed.
But the fact that she mentioned the rule didn't make her wrong, she just made a valid point in the debate, although flawed.

Quoting your_angel:

You're not making any sense. I never said you deleted anyone's comments I said you were mistaken and must have misread them.
Not to mention what point are you talking about? She made no valid point lol. I'm the one who said that just because a rule is set doesn't mean an employer will follow it. Since when does something being illegal stop people from doing again. You also must be confused about how affirmative action works if that's the unknown point that you were referring to.
I'm lost here.

Quoting myusernamedied:

I quoted a reply of yours that I found interesting. I don't delete anyone else's comments, that's too much work for my lazy ass. HAH.
As I stated, I read not only your comments, but many others, I wasn't even referring to this woman, clearly I was speaking overall.
Regardless, she made somewhat of a valid point. Rules are rules and although many may not follow, a point to be made, no matter how ridiculous is still a point.
As you mentioned, a debate is a debate afterall.

Quoting your_angel:

Its ironic that you chose to quote the reply I sent in response to a known racist here on cm who clearly put her foot in her mouth. You're mistaken. There was nothing common about her knowledge or correct about it either. If you look through all the post I'm actually in agreement with most posters like how racism comes from both sides and people of ALL races are discriminated against and its equally disgusting. Again you've clearly misread something. A debate is a debate. No poking holes here just differentiating fact and fiction.

Quoting myusernamedied:

Sweetheart, I AM a minority. 
I have read a lot of comments that have come from you on this post, among others.
By being a victim, I was referring to the fact that you keep poking holes into other peoples' comments that seem to be common knowledge. It's well known that racism is alive and well in these ages.
I've faced racism not only from the public, but family as well.
That being sad, I don't think that EVERYONE is wrong on here because their opinions and standpoints are askew from my own.

Quoting your_angel:

You must not know me. I'm Angelica nice to meet you. Me a victim. That's ironic coming from you.
I don't let anybody ESPECIALLY in here make me feel inferior or like a victim. I'm a black woman (a strong one at that) never a victim. Read through all the post before you get it twisted. Because in this post fromyour standpoint....now YOURE the minority.

Quoting myusernamedied:

Why do you ALWAYS have to be the victim? These are some valid points, though not always the case; it doesn't make them wrong.

Quoting your_angel:

I'm not sure if you're new at this or not but since when do people start doing what their supposed to? You really think that just because an employer is told to make sure they hire so many people of different races they will? Why because there's consequences if they don't? Not to mention why do you think rules like that were set up? To give minorities a chance.
Oh and trust me if you and I were up for the same job they'd pick me because I'm educated articulate and interview well not because I'm black sweetie. We're on two totally different levels mama ;)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Too bad that no one is allowed to deny yoy because of your race.

Secondly,

Youd get a job before I do because of your race.

They have to hire minority first and thats you.

So I could be the best person for the postion.

But because youre a different color that means Youll get job.

Quoting your_angel:

your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I agree. Now just because the type of discrimination someone else has felt didn't end up quite that tragic doesn't mean it wasn't still hurtful. Its still upsetting. But I definitely see the difference.

Regardless of how it ends or who its done too its still pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everytime
I hear about a white person telling some lame story about how they experienced racism its the dumbest trivial shit that had absolutely NO long term affect on their life period. Its one isolated meaningless incident. give me a fucking break! It's like complaining you haven't eaten in 2 hours to a starving child in a 3rd world country.

When they are forced to the ground because they "fit the description"
Of a murder that happened 25 fucking cities away and are humiliated and violated in front of a crowd of people, then please get back to me, because it's impossible for racial

Profiling to exist when you are a MAJORITY.
Quoting your_angel:

Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

have it

And racial

Quoting momoftwo0406:

NaturesMuse
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, as an extremely mix raced family I've heard it all and most of the time it's all the same arguments almost word for word... I can empathize with all the sides.. and until those that are not of mix race can do the same thing... there will always be racism on all sides.

White people trying to be supportive and to relate get told they have no idea... it's wrong...

Black people trying to reach out get slapped in the face when talked down to... it's wrong...

Hispanics trying to reach out are shunned when green card jokes are made... it's wrong...

Arabics just trying to live are harrassed because they could be terrorists... it's wrong...

My aunt (Korean) is made fun of because of how she speaks... it's wrong...

My Grandmother (Cherokee) was denied medical care because she went to an emergancy room that was not on her reservation... Her people were almost completely wiped out and still has had their culture stripped away.. she was beaten as a child in school for speaking her native language and is still terrified to this day to embrace her culture... IT IS WRONG

And it's from ALL SIDES

Quoting RandiBear:

Very well said. I wish I could like this post a million times.

Quoting NaturesMuse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)