Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race Rant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something that has really been bothering me as of late with all of the race posts that have been coming up (in this group as well as other groups I frequent). It bothers me that I am reading so much about  white people having it so much easier and whatnot but if you say anything about being black then you don't know and will never understand..... blah blah blah. But apparently you know exactly what it is like to be white since they know we have it easier? How is this? I love that people expect you to see things their way yet have a habit of never attempting to see things through anyone else's eyes. If you can't see someone else's side and understand where they are coming from then how in the world do you expect them to do as much for you?

I also believe that if you are always looking for racism that you will always find it. If you go in not feeling equal then you make it so. Life is a self fulfilling prophecy if you are told by parents and siblings that you will always be at a disadvantage, always be down and out and misunderstood then you (subconsciously) do it to yourself and then pass these viewpoints down. I really believe that as a society we could over come racism but their has to be a lot more open mindedness & communication then there has been. Less blame and more discussion everyone has to learn to hear the other persons side and what certain things feel like and make a valid attempt to understand it.... it may not be the same as yours but remember not everything has to be a pissing contest of who has it harder.... having never lived through someone else's life you don't know what its like or what it did to them.

rant over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Replies (231-236):
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

You didn't answer my question and where have I assumed I know anything about your life?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you serious, When was the last time you were White? Tell me. I don't pretend to be Black or know what your life is like. How can you possibly know what my life is like?

But you just proved a point to me. It is very unfortunate to be judged on an assumption.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

You just proved a point. Isn't it very unfortunate to be judged based on your skin color? I mean, you don't like feeling like someone thinks you have it easy based on your skin color, right? Can you imagine being constantly denied basic rights and common decency based on skin color/stereotypes? Would you sit back and accept it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM

By assuming that just because i'm white that this doesn't apply to me: Can you imagine being constantly denied basic rights and common decency based on skin color/stereotypes? Would you sit back and accept it?

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

You didn't answer my question and where have I assumed I know anything about your life?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you serious, When was the last time you were White? Tell me. I don't pretend to be Black or know what your life is like. How can you possibly know what my life is like?

But you just proved a point to me. It is very unfortunate to be judged on an assumption.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

You just proved a point. Isn't it very unfortunate to be judged based on your skin color? I mean, you don't like feeling like someone thinks you have it easy based on your skin color, right? Can you imagine being constantly denied basic rights and common decency based on skin color/stereotypes? Would you sit back and accept it?

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I'm asking a question and you have yet to answer it. If it applies to you, I would think you would be able to elaborate on the answer even more.

Quoting Anonymous:

By assuming that just because i'm white that this doesn't apply to me: Can you imagine being constantly denied basic rights and common decency based on skin color/stereotypes? Would you sit back and accept it?

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't sit back and accept it since that is the question you asked. I actually make it a point to try and understand another's point of view. I do this because I believe it make's a person better and hope to strive to become better myself.

My original statement was that of the constant assumptions made by both sides when it comes to racial pissing contests.

My personal experiences in racial retardation include non eligibility in a tested high school program as well as a tested job where I was told in both circumstances (straight faced) that due to the mandatory minority percentages being to low that my entrance in both was denied. I personally live in a city that my race is the minority in population as well as government officials. And have sadly been privy to not so nice racial disputes.

Yet after my all of my personal excursions due to my race, I TRY my best to not raise racial tension or bias in any of my daily activities.

Most importantly, I also have trouble understanding how any individual can speak for their entire race almost as a spokesperson. I don't say that all WHITES are blah blah blah because i'm white and can "certaintly" testify for every other single white person on this great green earth. So I constantly wonder how it's possible how any other person of any race can possibly do such a thing? Do you know how it's possible? That's my question for you.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I'm asking a question and you have yet to answer it. If it applies to you, I would think you would be able to elaborate on the answer even more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

My parents just raised us to treat everyone equally, so that's what I do.  I live in a progressive part of the country (I'm lucky) where people come in all shapes, sizes, personalities and sexual preferences.  With that being said, there are still some backward parts of this nation where people are very ignorant....I strongly believe that people of color have a very real struggle in these parts of the country.  Instead of hating on everyone, I think we should all just listen to each other and hear each other out.  Try to have some empathy for what other people go through.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM

It's called stereotyping.  Regardless if someone wants to speak completely for a whole race or shoot an entire race down for the same exact reason. So what did you do about being denied?

I don't sit back and accept it since that is the question you asked. I actually make it a point to try and understand another's point of view. I do this because I believe it make's a person better and hope to strive to become better myself.

My original statement was that of the constant assumptions made by both sides when it comes to racial pissing contests.

My personal experiences in racial retardation include non eligibility in a tested high school program as well as a tested job where I was told in both circumstances (straight faced) that due to the mandatory minority percentages being to low that my entrance in both was denied. I personally live in a city that my race is the minority in population as well as government officials. And have sadly been privy to not so nice racial disputes.

Yet after my all of my personal excursions due to my race, I TRY my best to not raise racial tension or bias in any of my daily activities.

Most importantly, I also have trouble understanding how any individual can speak for their entire race almost as a spokesperson. I don't say that all WHITES are blah blah blah because i'm white and can "certaintly" testify for every other single white person on this great green earth. So I constantly wonder how it's possible how any other person of any race can possibly do such a thing? Do you know how it's possible? That's my question for you.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)