Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race Rant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something that has really been bothering me as of late with all of the race posts that have been coming up (in this group as well as other groups I frequent). It bothers me that I am reading so much about  white people having it so much easier and whatnot but if you say anything about being black then you don't know and will never understand..... blah blah blah. But apparently you know exactly what it is like to be white since they know we have it easier? How is this? I love that people expect you to see things their way yet have a habit of never attempting to see things through anyone else's eyes. If you can't see someone else's side and understand where they are coming from then how in the world do you expect them to do as much for you?

I also believe that if you are always looking for racism that you will always find it. If you go in not feeling equal then you make it so. Life is a self fulfilling prophecy if you are told by parents and siblings that you will always be at a disadvantage, always be down and out and misunderstood then you (subconsciously) do it to yourself and then pass these viewpoints down. I really believe that as a society we could over come racism but their has to be a lot more open mindedness & communication then there has been. Less blame and more discussion everyone has to learn to hear the other persons side and what certain things feel like and make a valid attempt to understand it.... it may not be the same as yours but remember not everything has to be a pissing contest of who has it harder.... having never lived through someone else's life you don't know what its like or what it did to them.

rant over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Oh sure it is! But how can I prove that that's what's been said if its just me and the other person?
You guys can't be this uninformed

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not trying to be a smartass but isnt that illegal now?

Quoting your_angel:

So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.

I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.

Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
So for being "educated" you have poor spelling/grammar.

And depending on the state they can sue.

Quoting your_angel:

People can and will do what they want. But you sit at home and keep telling yourself that they can't. There's a post where many women say they were fired for being pregnant or after getting pregnant. Women of all races. But let me guess....their employer can't do that so they're all lying right?

Who woulda thunk it people which don't follow the rules whhhaaattttt?

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Lmao.

I cam go out and get whatever job I want. But I chose to stay at home

Secondly there are discrimtion rules.

Let me remind you

Race

Sex

Pregnancy

Weight

Height.

I dp believe those are it.....they can not deny you because you are black you will get the offer first.

But keep thinking that.

Quoting your_angel:

I'm not sure if you're new at this or not but since when do people start doing what their supposed to? You really think that just because an employer is told to make sure they hire so many people of different races they will? Why because there's consequences if they don't? Not to mention why do you think rules like that were set up? To give minorities a chance.

Oh and trust me if you and I were up for the same job they'd pick me because I'm educated articulate and interview well not because I'm black sweetie. We're on two totally different levels mama ;)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Too bad that no one is allowed to deny yoy because of your race.

Secondly,

Youd get a job before I do because of your race.

They have to hire minority first and thats you.

So I could be the best person for the postion.

But because youre a different color that means Youll get job.

Quoting your_angel:

So as a white person you get turned down for jobs and such because of your race? I think not. Black ppl say they "have it harder" sometimes because we are judged soley on race by some ppl not everyone. The first time you're ever denied something for being "white" THEN and only then can you say you've seen things from our point of view.

I don't think I have it harder than anyone but I do know that racism still exist whether you look for it or not.

Honestly don't rant about shit you have no idea about. Just like some ppl may not have walked a mile in your shoes I highly doubt you walked a foot in theirs.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I live in Canada as well. Although I do think aboriginals are being treated unfairly by the govrenment in today's society (the Indian act) I don't think people should dwell on past mistreatings. If that makes sense.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

That's weird. White to blacks in America is to whites to First Nations here in Canada. Everywhere you go there is a damn neechie screaming race and I wonder why I get called a welfare bum all the time. :(

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

when my new pharmacist came into our pharmacy, she refused to hire anyone that wasnt from Nigeria, and when she finally got an applicant that was her native sister, she was hired BEFORE she took her PTCB exam (big no no) and then cut everyone in the pharmacys hours to give her full time. In the 10 years she has been pharmacy manager, she has run off every non African tech and now the entire pharmacy is staffed with all but one Nigerian, the other tech is just a plain old African American... I am surprised she even got the job

Quoting your_angel:

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I agree with you. I'm ojibwe.

Quoting Retrokitty:

I live in Canada as well. Although I do think aboriginals are being treated unfairly by the govrenment in today's society (the Indian act) I don't think people should dwell on past mistreatings. If that makes sense.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

That's weird. White to blacks in America is to whites to First Nations here in Canada. Everywhere you go there is a damn neechie screaming race and I wonder why I get called a welfare bum all the time. :(

Cookie-kisses
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I don't doubt it happens,But your mom simply could of lost the job as she was a woman. That has happened to many of us. I have been turned down for places to live before; several times as well.   I was sexually harrassed at many jobs. Was it  all because I was white?  

Quoting your_angel:

Actually no I've never been turned down from a job for that but I have been denied housing. I went to go look at a house to rent and I was told I don't lease to your kind. My mother got passed up for a promotion in her field of work years ago when she's worked for them for 30 years has her Ph.d and is well known for all her accomplishments iin the field to a 50 year old white man with a bachelors degree and no time in his field in that state. Lmfao but I'm sure you'll try to convince me that as educated she is and as long as she's been working in her field that she probably just wasn't right for the job or they had another reason for choosing him.
Bitch pplease. The sad thing is most people know they've been discriminated against for being black because their told!!! I never assume. You really think no ones every told me point blank no I wont "serve your kind" getting the Fu k outta here with that nieve mess. Grow up seriously. That shit happens on a regular basis. That's how we KNOW it was because of our race.

Any other questions????

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been turned down for a job because you were black? Or was it something else and you just say it was because you're black?

I see that all too often. Sorry. I don't buy that, They treat me different because I'm black. You just think its because you're black, when really, it could be  a number of things.

Quoting your_angel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Oh I don't doubt it for a second. I'm not going to try to say that I know what it's like. Ever. I just honestly would walk out of a place if I saw or heard obvious racism.

Quoting your_angel:

I live in Indiana. I'm not saying it happens everywhere but ol is a fool if she really thinks this has never happened. Growing up I was the ONLY black girl in my entire school and it was k-5. My parents have a lot of money and moved to a nice area to follow my mothers career. Your jaw would drop if you knew some of the sick shit that was said AND done to me even by adults. Now tell me it wasn't because I was black in an ALL white community. Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just reading through all this, but I gotta ask: where do you live? I'd get up and walk out of a place if I heard "I don't serve your kind" said to another customer.

Quoting your_angel:

Actually no I've never been turned down from a job for that but I have been denied housing. I went to go look at a house to rent and I was told I don't lease to your kind. My mother got passed up for a promotion in her field of work years ago when she's worked for them for 30 years has her Ph.d and is well known for all her accomplishments iin the field to a 50 year old white man with a bachelors degree and no time in his field in that state. Lmfao but I'm sure you'll try to convince me that as educated she is and as long as she's been working in her field that she probably just wasn't right for the job or they had another reason for choosing him.

Bitch pplease. The sad thing is most people know they've been discriminated against for being black because their told!!! I never assume. You really think no ones every told me point blank no I wont "serve your kind" getting the Fu k outta here with that nieve mess. Grow up seriously. That shit happens on a regular basis. That's how we KNOW it was because of our race.

Any other questions????

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been turned down for a job because you were black? Or was it something else and you just say it was because you're black?

I see that all too often. Sorry. I don't buy that, They treat me different because I'm black. You just think its because you're black, when really, it could be  a number of things.

Quoting your_angel:

your_angel
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM
One I'm on my cell phone not typing. Two I find it ironic that you supposedly know so much about working when you don't do it lmao.
You're ideals on affirmative action are wildly untrue. You've honestly just got to be making stuff up period.
Why don't you go into working field THEN come try and rap to me about what you know. Until then don't you have like a house to clean or some dishes to do?

Quoting StrawberryCool:

So for being "educated" you have poor spelling/grammar.

And depending on the state they can sue.

Quoting your_angel:

People can and will do what they want. But you sit at home and keep telling yourself that they can't. There's a post where many women say they were fired for being pregnant or after getting pregnant. Women of all races. But let me guess....their employer can't do that so they're all lying right?

Who woulda thunk it people which don't follow the rules whhhaaattttt?

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Lmao.

I cam go out and get whatever job I want. But I chose to stay at home

Secondly there are discrimtion rules.

Let me remind you

Race

Sex

Pregnancy

Weight

Height.

I dp believe those are it.....they can not deny you because you are black you will get the offer first.

But keep thinking that.

Quoting your_angel:

I'm not sure if you're new at this or not but since when do people start doing what their supposed to? You really think that just because an employer is told to make sure they hire so many people of different races they will? Why because there's consequences if they don't? Not to mention why do you think rules like that were set up? To give minorities a chance.

Oh and trust me if you and I were up for the same job they'd pick me because I'm educated articulate and interview well not because I'm black sweetie. We're on two totally different levels mama ;)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Too bad that no one is allowed to deny yoy because of your race.

Secondly,

Youd get a job before I do because of your race.

They have to hire minority first and thats you.

So I could be the best person for the postion.

But because youre a different color that means Youll get job.

Quoting your_angel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually, a few years ago there were major layoffs I'm the police departments. Each officer who was laid off was both male and white. Why? Because the percentage of minorities in the force was too low. By laying off the white men, they raised the percentage of both race and gender minorities. So, yes, you can be white and not get a job because of it.

Quoting your_angel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, and welcome to 2013, where our president in America has been black for four years.

I think it is extremely ignorant to assume white people will "always have it easier."  How?  I was born to a fifteen year old child.  We lived on Chef Boyardee and Ramen.  We had no car, no phone, sometimes no power or water.  I lived in a predominately black and Hispanic neighborhood.  Being the "white girl" on the bus, I was harrassed and treated horribly.  Why?  Because these children were brought up to believe that the world hates black people.  Every white person is racist.  Black people do not have equal opportunities.  I was desperate for the friendship of these other kids.  They made my life a living fucking hell.  You can bet your ass if the shoe had been on the other foot, that school district would've been sued faster than they could blink an eye!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweety, you will always have it easier. You are in a place of privilege in this country. It will remained that way as long as whites dominate the government.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)