Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So at SIL's wedding, I won't be allowed to sit with DH? ADDED INFO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think that it is common sense that a man should be sat with his wife and children?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 342

View Results

That's what she said. She is having DH sit with their parents and his single brother and the grandparents during the reception while me, his wife, and our kids (2 and 4) will be sitting with I think DH's aunt, who I have never met (we had a small, last minute wedding, not a shotgun lol so most out of town family couldn't make it).  He told her that if she won't sit us together then we aren't going. It doesn't have to be at his parents table either, just together.

To answer some replies; he is NOT in the wedding party. It is a traditional Baptist wedding, meaning there will be no dancing so everyone will be sitting in their seats the whole time (meaning he won't be able to move to our table when people go to dance because no one will be dancing). Some asked if I did something to piss her off, the answer is yes, I got pregnant again, Me and DH have 2 kids and I am pregnant again. SIL can't get pregnant and every time I do, she acts really nasty to me, I think she is just jealous.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLT2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

That's strange. Is he at some sort of Bridal Party table and you're not? Otherwise, that's just stupid.

xtina8817
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
11 moms liked this
I think the seperating is weird, but you guys are being silly. How long do ppl stay on their "assigned" seats?? Just for the food. Then everyone mingles. I'd suck it up if I were in your shoes
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Shit at my wedding people were up moving with their food lol

Quoting xtina8817:

I think the seperating is weird, but you guys are being silly. How long do ppl stay on their "assigned" seats?? Just for the food. Then everyone mingles. I'd suck it up if I were in your shoes

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

If it's at a head table, then totally normal, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about...so why wouldn't she seat you together?? 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that's stupid. If he's not at the bridal table because he's in it, he should be seated with his wife and kids.

xtina8817
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Quoting StrawberryCool:

Exactly!! I mean is this seriously something to fight about? Pick your battles sis.
VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I think it's weird, but it's her wedding, she can do what she wants. It's not like you'll be separated all night. Once things get going after the meal, people move around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
If he was a groomsman I would understand otherwise you should be kept together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh he'll no I sit with my husband or I don't go. That's BS doesn't make any since at all and I think it's disrespectful to even have it any other way.
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
10 moms liked this

I would always sit a couple together. Especially a couple bringing TWO kids, that would be easier to have TWO parents there to take care of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured