Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fibro... is it really real?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
Do you or anyone you know have fibromyalgia?

What do YOU think caused/causes this illness ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Bump
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Not sure what causes it but,yes it is real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

my aunt has it. i think the nerves short circuit and they cause pain... kinda like a tooth that needs a root canal... when the nerve is hypersensistive, it causes pain for no reason. i have nothing to base this theory on though. also, she has issues with anxiety and i think she has a really low pain tolerance. she used to do drugs back in the 60s and 70s, so maybe its related to that. who knows. i have noticed a link between people with anxiety issues and fibro. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I know 2 people that have been diagnosed with it. They both love pills and use it as an excuse. I think it is actually real but is used as a catch-all and diagnosed way too much. I think it is linked to depression also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM
My mom does. She also has diabetes. Also several women in her family have been diagnosed with it. Maybe it's hereditary.
TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM
You're damn right it's real. I have it and it sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM
My best friend was recently diagnosed. Her flares up really bad when it's cold. Her doctor put her on antidepressants and she says it's helping some.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have fibro and yes, I think its real. And I don't use narcotics to control it so, you cant say I'm faking it to get pills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Bump
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Yes I believe the pain and issues from fibro are a real thing.  These people aren't just crazy or making it up.  However,  I feel like when doctors can't figure out what is wrong with someone they tack fibro onto it.  I believe there are real reasons for some of these issues and cures that our medical science just isn't advanced enough to figure out yet (with out going too much into it I think a lot of problems with medical science is our lack of prevention, like through diet and lifestyle, and too much focus on finding a "cure").  I think this is also true about many other illnesses/disorders out there.  I hope someday the medical community will get it together...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)