Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O What are your children's school's rules for cell phones?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
In the middle school, they're allowed to have their phone on them, but they can't have it on. They are allowed to have it on and use it during lunch. If they are caught using it during class, it gets taken away and they get it back at the end of the day. 2nd offense: They get it taken away and a parent has to pick it up. 3rd offense: A parent has to pay $5 to pick it up.

After the first offense I wouldn't even allow my child to take it to school anymore!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:04 AM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:07 AM

6-12 the kids are allowed to bring them to school, and they can be used outside of class (in between class, before/after school, lunch time), but they we not allowed to be used or on during class time, and need to be in lockers. If they are found in class, they are confiscated for 7 days. Parents sign permission slips at the start of the year allowing the school to hold the phone. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:09 AM

1st offense.....The school will take the cell phone and keep it until the end of the day and then give it back to the student

2nd offense and all subsequent offenses.....The school will take the phone,call the parents and the parents have to pick up the phone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Oh Hell no I am not about to pay my kid's school to get a cell phone back that I paid for. My kid knows better than to use their phone in class but I would not be paying them they damn well better give me my phone.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM

smash em!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM

My kiddos aren't in school yet so here is a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:08 AM

My daughter's school lets students have a phone with them at school but they can only use it before school, during lunch, or after school.  I'm not sure what the punishments are.  My DD doesn't have a phone.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I don't know what the rules are, but my daughter has a burner phone in her backpack in case of emergency. My dad bought it for her when she was taken to the wrong school on the first day of kindergarten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Our school has a no cell phone in class rule! 100% of students don't follow the rule! They are on the ALL the time! I got tired of fighting it, so now I use them in class! All independent work has a cell phone component to it...if I catch them with the phone out during a NON-cell phone time, they lose the right to use the phone and have to use books to complete the activity and I collect these activities in class, so if they don't finish, sorry should have been more focused! I now have no issues with cell phone use in my class!
charmgirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM
What's a burner?

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

I don't know what the rules are, but my daughter has a burner phone in her backpack in case of emergency. My dad bought it for her when she was taken to the wrong school on the first day of kindergarten.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)