Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anonymous group hacks ussc.gov frontpage. UPDATE#3

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://www.ussc.gov/

Pretty interesting, though it could be nothing.

For those who don't know, the USSC is the United States Sentencing Commission. 

UPDATE: Looks like the hacked site has now been taken down. Actually, you can still access the site through it's ip address: http://66.153.19.162/. The site is mostly back under control, although it seems to be somewhat slow. You can still see the video that was on the hacked front page here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPni5O2YyI

Appropriately, the mainstream media has now just started to pick up on the story. Here are some links:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/26/tech/anonymous-threat/index.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/APb1e828f81aba443487fa01c61d63e8ab.html

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/01/26/hackers-take-over-us-sentencing-commission-website/

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

The group called themselves hackitivists I guess or that's what I caught from it. I sort of skimmed it the site was really really long. Honestly I kind of half read it I'm half asleep as well. Yet I don't like those threats it makes me worry for everyone I know. Sometimes people do actually carry on their threats.

I bet you did this didn't you:

Lol nope too much effort especially at 4:30 in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Quoting Bells2000:

what real important government agency sleeps ar night??? i thought it'was'a'24/7 deal.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

isnt this old news?

No, it just happened like an hour ago. Could be a bunch of hot air on their part, but I thought it was interesting. Also, in the morning when the government workers wake up I imagine they'll take the site down to get control of the front page again, so this might be the only time to see it. Link is in the OP.

I'm not sure the USSC would have 24/7 tech people there. But who knows, maybe you're right.

Bells2000
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:29 AM
now its just freaky.. the link wont work on moble
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Lol...ive seen them many times. They are some badass hackers that no one has ever been able to trace or find out who they are.
Ive seen them but talking in Spanish talking about events in PR.
biancalina20
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Omg why would someone write Cafemom... -.-

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

The group called themselves hackitivists I guess or that's what I caught from it. I sort of skimmed it the site was really really long. Honestly I kind of half read it I'm half asleep as well. Yet I don't like those threats it makes me worry for everyone I know. Sometimes people do actually carry on their threats.

Lol nope too much effort especially at 4:30 in the morning.

Bells2000
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM
i just find it hard to think that the us'gov doeant have someone watxhing doing something about a page with stuff said on it like that. sure the wb coders might be asleep, but i'doubt us gov'would'wait to wake them'and get it fixed.'and a'lot ofplaces for'websites have staff 24/7 to keep them up and running.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bells2000:

what real important government agency sleeps ar night??? i thought it'was'a'24/7 deal.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

isnt this old news?

No, it just happened like an hour ago. Could be a bunch of hot air on their part, but I thought it was interesting. Also, in the morning when the government workers wake up I imagine they'll take the site down to get control of the front page again, so this might be the only time to see it. Link is in the OP.

I'm not sure the USSC would have 24/7 tech people there. But who knows, maybe you're right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM
And Americans are supporting them. No pride at all.
Why is everybody wants to fix America???
Is this the only country that needs help???
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bells2000:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

isnt this old news?

I think since it's just a website they probably just have a group of people who just handle the site and they probably work 9 to 5 hours.

Hierophant85
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM
And poof! It's gone. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)