Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just want sleep!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am 32 weeks pregnant and I went to bed at 10 having the most horrible rib pain. I have been up every freaking hour with rib pain, nausea, and major hot flashes oh and a very dry mouth. Finally decided to get out of bed and here it is 3:45am. I am so tired but so miserable! I just downed water and still have a dry mouth, I feel like its 100 degrees in here so I have a wet wash cloth on my neck. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to make me feel better? I just want to sleep!

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Do you have a recliner? Try sleeping in that. Towards the end of my third pregnancy, it was the only way I could sleep. Laying down was just painful :(

a warm bath might help a bit, too- it will help make you sleepy if you do it at night before bed. 

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:50 AM

The last few weeks are the worst =( sorry your so uncomfortable.  You didnt go early with your first did you?(is that you and your LO in your avi?)

mama728
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:51 AM

no recliner :( just a couch. my ribs are throbbing so bad i cant lay anywhere. but thank you :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a recliner? Try sleeping in that. Towards the end of my third pregnancy, it was the only way I could sleep. Laying down was just painful :(

a warm bath might help a bit, too- it will help make you sleepy if you do it at night before bed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this

jump in the shower or bath. For the dry mouth just keep drinking water it's been a while since I was pregnant that's what I would do if I was in your shoes. I know when I was pregnant though I did just sleep in bra and underwear so I didn't get the hot flashes at night.

mama728
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Yes thats my daughter. Nope I went full term. I had her at 39 weeks and 4 days. With her it seemed so much easier. This one is taking a complete toll on me.

Quoting horseap:

The last few weeks are the worst =( sorry your so uncomfortable.  You didnt go early with your first did you?(is that you and your LO in your avi?)

AO-88
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Have you had your gallbladder checked? If pain starts radiating to your back I'd get it looked it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Is this one bigger?  My first two I was uncomfortable but our third I just wanted to die.  I had round lig. pain, was still throwing up( it never went away actually =/ ) it just sucked.  DD 1 and DS were both 6 ish DD2 was 8.1 and longer that the first two.  Hope you feel better.  If your DD will let you try to cat nap all through the day and catch up that way?  The only reason I ask because nausea/vomiting can be signs of labor.

Quoting mama728:

Yes thats my daughter. Nope I went full term. I had her at 39 weeks and 4 days. With her it seemed so much easier. This one is taking a complete toll on me.

Quoting horseap:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
mama728
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:02 AM

i got my gallbladder removed after I had my dd.. i ended up with gallstones after her

Quoting AO-88:

Have you had your gallbladder checked? If pain starts radiating to your back I'd get it looked it.

mama728
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM

im not sure is she is bigger. I just know that i am more uncomfortable with this one. with my dd i was sick the entire pregnancy... that was the worst part. This one i was mainly sick the first trimester and still get sick off and on but not all the time. Thank you for your advice!

Quoting horseap:

Is this one bigger?  My first two I was uncomfortable but our third I just wanted to die.  I had round lig. pain, was still throwing up( it never went away actually =/ ) it just sucked.  DD 1 and DS were both 6 ish DD2 was 8.1 and longer that the first two.  Hope you feel better.  If your DD will let you try to cat nap all through the day and catch up that way?  The only reason I ask because nausea/vomiting can be signs of labor.

Quoting mama728:

Quoting horseap:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM
No suggestions, but good luck!

I had cholestasis with my last pregnancy, and it meant no sleep because of the itching. I wouldn't fall asleep untold 4-5 am, and then had to get up with my other kids.

She had to be delivered via c section a few weeks before her die dat... So I had her yesterday and still haven't slept lol. She is wide awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)