Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so white pride

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 90 Replies
I thought this was a national thing, but perhaps not.
Do other states/cities not have Italian heritage month, german American day, Puerto rican day parade, Korean American week and so on. Those are really big here. Especially Italian heritage .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Not that I know of
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM
We have Italian day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Nope we have cinco de mio ( I'm sure I killed the spelling of that) and that is a one day thing. Then for saint patty's day we have pub crawl and in OCT we have the death march but both of them is are just walking to as many bars as you can. Police cross people across the main roads and patrol the routes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

nope. the blacks get their whole days and even a whole month that I get to hear over and over again how they were mistreated. Yet my people were here before them but we're not still bitching about it.  

ETA- yes, I'm native american, only about 1/2 blood but still...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I've never heard of those days.....
DazeDelights
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM
We do but the sad thing about it they aren't really advertised so you know about it if you know someone it's pertaining to.
lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Wow,so your hating on it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed to a point. I think every race has been mistreated. People did horrible things, but we can't change that now. We can only make sure it doesn't happen again.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

nope. the blacks get their whole days and even a whole month that I get to hear over and over again how they were mistreated. Yet my people were here before them but we're not still bitching about it.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
As far as I know, not really. I know there are some town hall/ community center type things, but nothing real big.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Around here we HAVE to celebrate all this black pride crap. I'm native american & french (decended from the princess off burgandy actually). I have a wee-bit of german in me too. There are no 'native american' days, nor do my children get the holidays that they celebrate off school. Heck they don't even tell the true storys about my childrens native american ancestors. There are no 'french heritage' months. the lil germen part gets some reconilition but with 'octoberfest'. which is basicly the same as st. pattys day where 'everyone' is irish, well then at on octoberfest 'everyone' is german. it's just an excuse to drink!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)