Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? I do a favor and end up paying for it...UPDATE...another update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So a neighbor needed a babysitter at the last minute so she could work.  Her baby is four months old.  

She brought him at 6:30 and I have him around 5. When she brought him he had a soggy diaper on so I changed him. I noticed he had a pretty nasty diaper rash so I looked for something in his bag to put on it.  Nothing there.  I had no sooner put the diaper on when he peed again and the little line on the diaper changed.  Seeing as he had a diaper rash I changed him again.  No biggie.  Then I realize I only have one more diaper.  She brought three diapers for the day.  I look further through the bag and there is one bottle and a can of formula with enough for maybe one more bottle.  Guess I am off to Walmart.  

My kiddo is 10.  What is the best butt cream to get?  This kid is super fussy and I am guessing his rash is part of the problem.  

Update. So I finally heard back from the mom.  She said her son doesn't normally go through that many diapers.  I told her that he had gone through almost all of them within an hour of being there.  I also asked about the formula. She said she had fed him before he came.  

Then she texted and said she was going to be late.  I told her I had bought diapers and formula.  She said he shouldn't have needed them. 

Also...she is in her early 30s and is married.  Her husband is on a weekend fishing trip.  She asked last night on the neighborhood FB page if someone could watch him. 

UPDATE 2 -  Around 7 last night the dad came and picked up the baby. He was in shock when I told him everything. He gave me $50. He was very apologetic.  He said he had no idea where his wife was and that she hadn't been scheduled to work. He said it was possible she covered for someone.  He wasn't happy at all.  He also said next time they needed a sitter he would make sure that everything was taken care of for Baby. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
TinDoll
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I use extra strength desitin. High Zinc content is the best that I've found. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Sound like you can't go wrong with any choice. Poor baby has nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
They have some kind at the dollar tree but I have never used it. Worth a try tho.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Butt paste or coconut oil.

We also use zinc a and d ointment.

You're a good mommy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
they do. its in a glass jar in the cooking aisle. it is $4 here

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

organic coconut oil. weird, I know but it works the best

Do they sell that at Walmart?  How much is it?  I am already having to buy diapers for the kid and formula. So irritated. 

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I really like Aquaphor Healing Ointment.

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Since you don't know what works best for him, I'd just buy whatever's cheapest.  Some kids butts respond well to anything.  If you have vaseline at home, I'd just start with that. 

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

You're a good lady.

Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Works like magic

Quoting audreesmama:

Boudreaux's butt paste or however you spell it. Sorry mama!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Cornstarch works wonders :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN