Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? I do a favor and end up paying for it...UPDATE...another update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So a neighbor needed a babysitter at the last minute so she could work.  Her baby is four months old.  

She brought him at 6:30 and I have him around 5. When she brought him he had a soggy diaper on so I changed him. I noticed he had a pretty nasty diaper rash so I looked for something in his bag to put on it.  Nothing there.  I had no sooner put the diaper on when he peed again and the little line on the diaper changed.  Seeing as he had a diaper rash I changed him again.  No biggie.  Then I realize I only have one more diaper.  She brought three diapers for the day.  I look further through the bag and there is one bottle and a can of formula with enough for maybe one more bottle.  Guess I am off to Walmart.  

My kiddo is 10.  What is the best butt cream to get?  This kid is super fussy and I am guessing his rash is part of the problem.  

Update. So I finally heard back from the mom.  She said her son doesn't normally go through that many diapers.  I told her that he had gone through almost all of them within an hour of being there.  I also asked about the formula. She said she had fed him before he came.  

Then she texted and said she was going to be late.  I told her I had bought diapers and formula.  She said he shouldn't have needed them. 

Also...she is in her early 30s and is married.  Her husband is on a weekend fishing trip.  She asked last night on the neighborhood FB page if someone could watch him. 

UPDATE 2 -  Around 7 last night the dad came and picked up the baby. He was in shock when I told him everything. He gave me $50. He was very apologetic.  He said he had no idea where his wife was and that she hadn't been scheduled to work. He said it was possible she covered for someone.  He wasn't happy at all.  He also said next time they needed a sitter he would make sure that everything was taken care of for Baby. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
piratehooker
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We use Butt Paste. Works the best for us. Good luck and happy thoughts and hugs to that baby.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Just buy a can of concentrated. That's so sad! Bless you for stepping up to get baby what he needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Have the baby go diaper free. Don't use wipes, just a wet washcloth.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this
This! Or the udder cream in a green tin (no clue what its called) i grew up on a farm and thats what we always used. I was so happy to see it with the baby stuff when ds was small. Works great on chapped hands too!

Quoting audreesmama:

Boudreaux's butt paste or however you spell it. Sorry mama!!
Karinmaximom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

bless you! hopefully momma is just having a bad day and will get it together soon. you are a sweet and thoughtful neighbor!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I prefer a&d and zinc together. You're an awesome neighbor by the way! I saw a op said sit the mom down and explain to her how to avoid rashes......please don't do that. Its condescending and rude. I realize she should have sent more supplies but maybe she thought she had more in there or maybe her SO packed the bag? My Dh is infamous for poorly packed bags. Just don't jump to conclusions!
Rbrown72707
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I think so too.  The world needs more people like you who care.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Butt Paste is great. Your a great neighbor btw :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

We get parents like that at the daycare all the time. No diapers, blankets, wipes, what do they expect us to do? smh

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I like aquafor and it can be used on about anything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Why would I leave him diaper free?

Quoting Anonymous:

Have the baby go diaper free. Don't use wipes, just a wet washcloth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)