Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Hometown...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 48 Replies

What was it like?

When and why did you leave (If you did)

How far did you go?

How does it compare to where you live now?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

BUMP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

BUMP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

BUMP!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I lived on the ocean on Long Island, I left in 1991 after a bad breakup, I went 150 miles West and it's completely different from where I live now.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting bcoll:

What was it like?Small. We could ride our bikes to the lake and swim all day during the summer. Hike in the mountains and ride the bike trail to the next town (5 miles) to eat at their Creamery.

When and why did you leave (If you did) DH joined the Navy, we got married and he got stationed elsewhere.

How far did you go? 3000 miles.

How does it compare to where you live now?We live in a lot more rural an area. Not as much to do.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I grew up in a nice suburb of jersey. Loved it... Good schools and tight knit community. I dormed in college but that was only 30 mins away... Didn't leave leave till I got married and my husband was stationed stateside. I was 24. Moved to NC then now we are in VA. I enjoyed NC and like VA more... But Jersey will always be home.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I love my hometown which is why I never left. It would take ALOT for me to move away. I love that I get to raise my kids here.

Its on the slow paced side, which is fantastic. Its not AS small town as it was when I was growing up , but it still has the small town feel and there is GORGEOUS scenery everywhere.....mountains on one side, beach on the other, rivers, lakes, lots of fantastic hiking and biking trails

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
It was small.
I left to go to college and didn't want to go back. There are no job opportunities and I didn't want to get stuck in that town.
I went to OU, then out to Arizona, then came back to the city.
It's very different. I lived in a town of 2,500, had to drive an hour for any kind of store, 3 hours for a mall...lol
I now live in the city, any kind if store, botique, restaurant is in walking distance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Detroit. It's horrible. I left as soon as I could, live in a suburb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I lived on a reserve native pride idle no more!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)