Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

had my surgery yesterday-update to *diagnosed with cervical cancer*

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 93 Replies
So surgery went well but I feel like I was lied to or tricked. The hospital is going to be hearing from me for sure! When I was in the pre op room I was told I was going to get sadation meds there. Then I would put myself on the operation table and I could hold my oxygen mask. The "knock out" meds r givin in the operating room. I expressed my trust issues and that I can't have the mask put on my face. I was completely knocked out before I even got to the op room!! So, now I deffinately have major trust issues!!! I was told it was a 30 min procedure, so y did it take 2 hours to be reunited with my family/friends?! I understand I have to wake up 1st. When I did the 1st time the nurse told me I had to wait a little bit so I driffted off. When I came to again she told me she was waiting for me to wake up. I immediately snapped out it it,sat up and said " oh, that's what u r waiting for? In that case I'm awake, so time to go!". She didn't like that so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Glad the surgery went well.

littleladiesx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You were diagnosed with cervical cancer? I'm sorry. You can fight it. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I am glad to hear your surgery went well but really don't understand what you are upset about. You said you have trust issues but didn't they just follow procedure?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
6 moms liked this
You sound a lil delusional.
MrsGuerrero92
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like standard procedure to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

they followed procedure. nothing you can do. its not their fault you fell asleep a 2nd time. they cannot release you the minute you wake up. and there are times procedures take longer than planned.  not the doctors fault

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM
What procedure did you have done? I always thought it took a few days for the pathology report to get to your doctor.
beingme75
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM
No, I was told I was going to be moving myself to the op table and putting the oxygen mask on myself. I could also see all the staff in there before I was under. I was completely out before I got to the surgical room!!

Quoting scarletmeshell:

I am glad to hear your surgery went well but really don't understand what you are upset about. You said you have trust issues but didn't they just follow procedure?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
The procedure is 30 min, recovery time is longer.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this
I had a 30 minute procedure and it took me about two hours to set my family. That is normal. You have to wait in recovery for a certain amount of time. Trust me, the medical staff does not have a secret agenda to go after you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)