Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
Dh and I have been together for 14 years. This morning, I got the kids up and we ran a few errands after breakfast. Dh stayed home and was supposed to take a shower and do a few little things while I was gone. I'm taking 5mo ds with me to a baby shower later, and Dh is taking 5yo dd to the indoor bouncy house. We get home and Dh is holding a pillow in front of his face. I asked him if he was okay, did he cut himself shaving or something. Then he moves the pillow and his whole fucking goatee is gone. Wtf?! I have never seen him without facial hair! Dd starts crying and says she's scared of him and won't let him hold her, and doesn't want to go with him now. Ds started crying too. Dh didn't say anything to anyone, just shaved the facial hair that he's had for 20+ years. I don't know how to feel. On one hand, it's his hair. On another hand...it was a part of how we recognized him, if that makes sense.

2 hours later, dd is still scared of him. She says he doesn't look like daddy anymore. I'm a little hurt only because he didn't say anything to me, just did it. I love facial hair and honestly, I am less physically attracted to him now. How would you feel?

Eta--the reason I'm a little upset is because he freaked when I cut my hair. I didn't discuss it with him when I did it three years ago, I got off work, went and donated to Locks of Love. He was upset for a few days and said he loved my long hair. We agreed after that to not make decisions like that without at least informing the other person. This agreement was his idea.

He had a dark, bushy beard and its the only way we have ever known him. Now he looks like his twin brother who is a convicted child molester. Dd knows she isn't allowed around her uncle, and doesn't know him except that he was a teacher and hurt a lot of kids. She knows he is to never be around him and to scream if she sees him. We make it a point to not be around him. I think this is why she's so scared.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM
5 moms liked this
I think you are overreacting
brittany208
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Wouldn't bother me. The kids will get used to it. DH shaved his face once, and I thought he looked a little weird too bc I wasnt used to it, but he grew it back in and we went on with our lives.

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Its hair. It grows back. Its HIS hair. It will grow back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Its his face/hair and it will grow back.
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow. Overreaction much. Your poor DH. You need to back him up and tell your DD he is the same daddy, hair or not. I feel bad for your DH, he must feel like crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Congrats to you for noticing your DH facial hair.... I couldn't tell you if my DH has a breed today or not. He did last week I can't keep track
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

hair grows back

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

HIs hair, his face, he shouldn't consult you before doing something like that.  Do you talk it over with him before getting a hair cut? 

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think this is freaking hilarious honestly. It's his face, why does it matter? The kids will get used to it. I'd be weirded out if my husband shaved his face because after about 6 years or so, he's had a goatee as well, but in the end, it's his face. 5 year old being afraid seems a little silly to me though, she's old enough to know it's still daddy you'd think. My kids would just make fun of my husband without his.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)