Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nip vs pumping while out with friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

We, DH and I are going out with our friends tonight for dinner. Our 1 month old is 95% sure to come with us as well.

We're all adults but I don't want to make our friends, another couple we've known for years, feel awkward if and when he getshungey.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I nursed while we were out but, like I said, I don't want to make them feel awkward (they do not have children yet)

so..should I pump and bring along a bottle for tonight or just nurse him? It's our first outing since hi birth though I have NIP before and I have no problem with it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALWsMomma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Just nurse him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I was always more comfortable pumping to go out - but that is me. I would go with what makes you comfortable, and what you believe would make them comfortable. For example,  If you know the wife finds it a little unsettling, it might be moroe gracious to pump. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Do what makes you comfortable. I was never comfortable enough with nursing to do so in public, so I always made time to pump when we went out.  If it is less hassle to pump, do it. If it is less to nip, do that.

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I wouldn't bother pumping.  Just nurse him.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I think this is a perfect learning opportunity for the other couple about nursing and how its extremely natural and common.

Nurse as you normally would in a public place.
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Not to mention - if you pump ahead of time, you will be engorged at the time he is eating - and be stuck like that!  Not fun (been there, done that!  LOL!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just nurse, your boobs are going to get full and uncomfortable around feeding time anyway.
Denecia
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I personally just bring a pumped bottle when we are out. I don't like nursing in public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I wouldn't bother pumping.  Just nurse him.  :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Personally, I would bring a bottle. I have nothing against nursing in public, I just never did it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN