Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD never sees violence and yet...*EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Shes only two. She turned two in December. She was playing with her Barbies and making them talk to eachother and I hear "Wanna fight?" "Yeah, I wanna fight" "I'm gunna choke you" *she makes one cry* "I'm sorry Honey! I love you!" "I love you too! Hug?" WTF?! Why is my daughter making her dolls fight eachother???

Another thing I forgot that concerns me is I made homeade play dough for her and I was sitting with her and got out a plastic butter knife to help her make something. She picks up the butter knife and says in a monster-type voice : "I'm gunna cut you mommy!" I took it from her and sent her to time out, but what kind of two year old says that?

And it's just her, her father, and me in the house and we never fight. She mostly watches Dora and Sesame street and if she ever needs baby sat it's by my mother who has a calm household??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TashaB82
by Tootie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Lol. Kids. Does anyone play fight with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
tv? Are you and her dad together? Older siblings? Neighbors? Daycare?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

But that one Barbie stole the other Barbie's Ken.

babyboy117
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Your daughter talks really well. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
She must see it somewhere!

Perhaps in the house?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Yeah, her father and I are married. We never fight. The only person that ever really watches her is my mother and I know there is no fighting there. They are all kinda lazy lol. She is an only child..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
She probably saw it on tv over there then

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, her father and I are married. We never fight. The only person that ever really watches her is my mother and I know there is no fighting there. They are all kinda lazy lol. She is an only child..

Quoting Anonymous:

knoxmomof2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Playground? Play group? That's odd....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM
You put her in time out? She is acting out something that she no doubt saw on TV and instead of explaining to her why you don't cut people, you just stick her in timeout? Poor kid probably has no clue why she got in trouble.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Did she happen to see it on TV when you and your husband were having "adult TV time?" When I was a kid I remember having nightmares about some of the stuff I would see my dad watching if I got up at bed time to get a glass of water or go to the bathroom, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)