Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God is not real

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My daughters teacher told the class this last week that God is not real.

In the past she has told them that she is buddhist (fine, she can be what she wants), has taught them to meditate and according to my daughter "exchange energy with trees."

However, being that my daughter is in 6th grade, I don't feel she is ready for this and don't feel it is her right to tell my child this. My daughter doesn't want me to go up there though because she is worried her teacher will retaliate against her if I do.

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Atheists push their "God is fake" rhetoric whenever they get the chance. But that's always acceptable. Bullshit. You respect my religion and I'll respect yours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Havent you been paying attention? Its only wrong to force your religion down peoples throats if you are Christian. Duh.

melisawoosley
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That would make a lot more sense.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think she meant "this teacher or yours" as this teacher or your teacher.

Quoting melisawoosley:

MY actions eh? Yeah because it obviously was my fault how my teacher taught. You're definitely not the winner of the smartest person award.

Quoting harehelper:

That's good, but that doesn't make the actions of either this teacher or yours right. If we are going to keep religion out of the schools, then do it.

Quoting melisawoosley:

My 7th grade social studies teacher was atheist and not shy about it. Im Christian and turned out just fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
take this as an opportunity to explain to your daughter that not everyone will hold the same beliefs as you. while the teacher isn't right, your daughter is going to encounter people that have different beliefs. as your parent and 'spiritual advisor' if you will, its your job to teach her to hold on to her beliefs despite that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Um, I was talking about YOUR TEACHER. Don't be so quick to get offended.

Quoting melisawoosley:

MY actions eh? Yeah because it obviously was my fault how my teacher taught. You're definitely not the winner of the smartest person award.

Quoting harehelper:

That's good, but that doesn't make the actions of either this teacher or yours right. If we are going to keep religion out of the schools, then do it.

Quoting melisawoosley:

My 7th grade social studies teacher was atheist and not shy about it. Im Christian and turned out just fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Go talk to the principal on Monday,  no teacher should push any religion onto her class!  If she wants to tell them she's Buddhist hen fine but that's where it should end!

Queen_Bree
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Is she in public school? If so I would report her to the principle and if need be the school admistrators. This is wrong on her part. No teacher should bring her beliefs to school and discount anothers beliefs. I think it is okay to learn about other religions but not to discredit any of them. I wish you the best.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Buddha isn't real, either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Exactly. So then whats the problem? 

Quoting Anonymous:

She can BELIEVE whatever she likes, be it God, unicorns or the Big Blue Meanie.  However, that needs to stay out of the classroom.  Teaching in public schools is a secular job.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Then why are you defending the teachers belief? 

Do you even understand the contradiction you are making here? 

Quoting Anonymous:

then ill talk to the pricipal. like i already said, no religion should be talked about in a public school

Quoting Anonymous:

...so what if your childs teacher was telling your child that God IS real, and that they will burn in hell if they dont believe in him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

its the opinion of anyone with any intelligence or common sense

Quoting Anonymous:

In your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

i never said it was okay.

i simply said its true that gods not real.

Quoting harehelper:

So it's not ok to teach anything about religion in public school, but you feel it's ok to speak against religion? Isn't the whole "no teaching about God in schools" thing supposed to be about not discriminating against people?

Quoting Anonymous:

i would have a problem with my child being taught anything about religion in a public school, no matter what the religion was. if i want my kid to learn about god (although i never will) ill send her to a catholic school

Quoting Anonymous:

Since you believe God is not real, how would you feel if a teacher started telling your child that he is? How would you feel if a teacher made her religion part of her lesson plan for your child?

Quoting Anonymous:

well, its true

3lilladies81
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I don't see how that is even right? They scream no religion so that includes hers!! If it was me is be going OFF!!! Let that teacher discriminate against my daughter because of that heads would roll!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured