Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mad for me and my DD- a vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Today is the second day in a row that my DD has been stood up for a playdate. Yesterday her cousin was supposed to come over for a little while, but the weather caused that not to be necessary.  She was so upset, as she'd been looking forward to having someone to play with.

Then, today, DH and his best friend were going to a movie.  The friend is the dad of DD's BFF.  The mom wasn't going to be home in time for them to go to the movie, so he was going to bring the kids to my house for me to watch them and for the girls to play.  DD was so excited. Then, at the last minute they cancel, saying the mom was coming home early because the brother had been sick all week.  Well, why the hell did you ask me to watch them in the first place?  You knew the kid has been sick and that I didn't care. You'd sent him to daycare all week I'm sure. So, again, we had to tell DD that plans are canceled.  She was so upset!   

To top it all off, I've been stuck at home with DD almost all week, while daddy gets to go out and have fun at a movie and I have to stay with the pissed off kid. 

Sorry, just needed to vent. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

That SUCKS................

Then you and DD do something special....together. Why don't you two go out to eat, shopping and a movie?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

Then you and DD do something special....together. Why don't you two go out to eat, shopping and a movie?

That was my plan.  But when we got home DD started undressing so she could play dress up and I asked her not to (I was looking up movie times). She told me "no" and continued to undress. I warned her to keep her clothes on and she defied me (I know she was mad, but I'm not putting up with that), so I had to tell her that we couldn't go do anything because she wasn't listening. I didn't want to reward her for that behavior. So now we are stuck at home. In pissy moods. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Take her out for ice cream and make her day better

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hopefully next time she will listen to you...

Did she know that you were going to make a day of ....it for just the two of you??? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

That was my plan.  But when we got home DD started undressing so she could play dress up and I asked her not to (I was looking up movie times). She told me "no" and continued to undress. I warned her to keep her clothes on and she defied me (I know she was mad, but I'm not putting up with that), so I had to tell her that we couldn't go do anything because she wasn't listening. I didn't want to reward her for that behavior. So now we are stuck at home. In pissy moods. :(

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Why don't you and dd go to the movies with the dad and best friend. You can find a kid friendly movie that is playing during the same time if the movie they're going to see is inappropriate.. Does the other friend have a car? Maybe DH can ride with him so you can have the car and take dd out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sassy762:

Did she know that you were going to make a day of ....it for just the two of you??? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

No, because we had just broken it to her that her friend wasn't coming, and I wanted to figure out what we could go do first. Next time ill tell her before she has a chance to act up, lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting meka26:

Why don't you and dd go to the movies with the dad and best friend. You can find a kid friendly movie that is playing during the same time if the movie they're going to see is inappropriate.. Does the other friend have a car? Maybe DH can ride with him so you can have the car and take dd out.

See my post right above yours. DD ruined her chance by showing her little attitude.  :(

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

She was wrong for acting the way she did BUT maybe you could give her a small break......just this once

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

No, because we had just broken it to her that her friend wasn't coming, and I wanted to figure out what we could go do first. Next time ill tell her before she has a chance to act up, lol!

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate that... It's one thing to stand me up, but another to disappoint kids. It's so sad to see them all excited and then let down:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting meka26:

See my post right above yours. DD ruined her chance by showing her little attitude.  :(

My dd has been showing major attitude lately. It's driving me crazy. Maybe this will be a lesson learned for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)