Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stainless steel appliances?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are going to get a set next month. Any advice/tips? I'm super excited we've been waiting for 4 years!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (71-78):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Matte black or Ice white.   Whirlpool even started a whole new line to showcase these shades.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting, what's the new style? Lol

Quoting Val99:

Remember - lots of fingerprints and no fridge magnets.

Plus stainless steel actually went out of style about 5 years ago.  Look at some of the architectural magazines.  I was thinking about swapping all mine out now.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Yes. You had to clean them constantly. Especially if you have kids. And god forbid there is a water mark that you don't see right away. You will get a water line going down your appliance that sometimes won't come out. This is what happened when our water dispenser leaked over night. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you hate them because of the upkeep?

Quoting armywifey26:

Had them and hated them. When we buy new we will buy black appliances. But if you get them they do make stainless steel cleaning wipes that work pretty good. That is what we used anyway

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I really like the black ones 

Quoting Anonymous:

Matte black or Ice white.   Whirlpool even started a whole new line to showcase these shades.

iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I used to work for a cleaning company and on stainless still we used lemon oil.its makes it look so much better but yeah have fun with the finger prints
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Sounds cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting, what's the new style? Lol

Quoting Val99:

Remember - lots of fingerprints and no fridge magnets.

Plus stainless steel actually went out of style about 5 years ago.  Look at some of the architectural magazines.  I was thinking about swapping all mine out now.

AmyD43
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Dishwasher was real stainless there are drips down the front. Rest of the appliances are plastic made to look like stainless/

I bought the display appliances so they were cheap!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg they rust?

Quoting AmyD43:

There is fake stainless it's much better then real stainless. No finger prints or rust

Quoting Anonymous:

Have fun cleaning fingerprints off of your stuff constantly :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
:(

Quoting AmyD43:

Dishwasher was real stainless there are drips down the front. Rest of the appliances are plastic made to look like stainless/

I bought the display appliances so they were cheap!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg they rust?

Quoting AmyD43:

There is fake stainless it's much better then real stainless. No finger prints or rust

Quoting Anonymous:

Have fun cleaning fingerprints off of your stuff constantly :)

Kes1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Get stainless steel wipes.  Makes it quick and easy to clean.

Also pick up barkeepers friend for any water marks you might get.  The front of the dishwasher and the area between the water dispenser and the floor down the front of the fridge.

never ever ever ever ever use anything even remotely abrasive on brushed stainless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)