Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son tried to runaway from home.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He was playing with his 1 year old sister and was playing pillow fight. I kept telling him to be gentle, and then full on asked him to just stop, he responded by putting a pillow over her face and holding it there. I told him STOP GET OFF HER you could kill her like that he glared at me and pushed down harder.  I got him off of her told him he was grounded and to go the living room. He got mad stormed out room said I'm running away no one loves me. Unlocked the front door and ran outside. I am in a nightgown cause I just had surgery, so throw on a dressing gown and put her in the crib and try to find him. Husband saw him run outside the front but just let him go cause husband said he was doing laundry.  I am hobbling down the road to get my son and see my husband come out thinking my husband would get him slow down husband let the dog out so dog is running lose. I get the dog, who is slower than son, son is 5 houses down husband is with son husband keeps whispering things to son, and I don't know what. While I am in the process of getting the dog a member of my church pulls up and tries to have a chat.. I tell them I can't really talk now try to get the dog, they pull off in a huff I grab dog and stumble back in with wound bleeding.  I come in and ask son what he wanted to run away from, a family that loves him, the endless toys he has, the over flowing closet he has, the 3 meals he gets a day. I don't get what he is so displeased about.  He runs out the door again angry and upset. I try hobbling after him wound is getting more opened husband gets mad hurls car keys at me and says DRIVE go get him if that's faster. I can't drive, I can barely get in the car. I yell and plead for son to come back he turns around and starts coming husband is yelling at me screaming at me then tells son he is never allowed around his sister or his mother. I have my daughter, my husband has locked us the bed room and son is out in the living room with my mother and my husband and I am at a loss for what to do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM

You are a shitty mother by not realizing that your DH is as much to blame for your sons behaviour as you are. You are training up a new generation of an abusive husband and father since you refuse to acknowledge your DH is an abusive asshole and get help for it.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The husband would be getting divorce papers, the 5yo would be getting an ass whipping and I'd be damned if some asshole locked me in a bedroom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

wow! just had surgery.... your son tries to suffocate his sister....You're ididot husband lets the dog out so you can chase both of them,,,, then throws keys at you when the child goes to do it again? this is seriously messed up.As far as your son @ 5 yrs old he should be grounded for doing that to his sister first of all.... he should lose all toys etc... for not once but twice leaving the house without you....if he were mine and the moment he tried to go a second time he would have gotten his ass whacked!  And your the one locked in a room????? you really need to grow up! and get rid of the loser you call a husband.

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Can we all say "Parenting Fail" ~ smfh ~

2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
What type of surgery did you just have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Your husband is fucking asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

1. I would not have chased my son. You gave him what he wanted; attention for bad behavior.

2. Your husband is a Grade A asshat

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

You know what, dont give me that attitude. i WAS in your shoes. My ex was abusive, controlling, to the point of locking me inside with bars on the windows and sleeping with a gun under his pillow, even holding it against my head during sex. 

dont tell me you are too scared to discipline your son. he is 5. he is not 10. he is not 15. he is FIVE!!! BE THE PARENT!

And why exactly can you not leave your husband?  

either do what you need to do to FIX this situation, or quit bitching about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh highly enlighten one. Please tell me what to do. I am terrified that my son will act out with any further correction. Every time there is a no he wants to run away, every time there is a restriction. My husband is a different matter all together.  

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

You're an idiot. 

Parent your kid. 

Leave the douch bag of a husband. 

Get your shit together. 

You are an ADULT. 

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

THIS!

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

You know what, dont give me that attitude. i WAS in your shoes. My ex was abusive, controlling, to the point of locking me inside with bars on the windows and sleeping with a gun under his pillow, even holding it against my head during sex. 

dont tell me you are too scared to discipline your son. he is 5. he is not 10. he is not 15. he is FIVE!!! BE THE PARENT!

And why exactly can you not leave your husband?  

either do what you need to do to FIX this situation, or quit bitching about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh highly enlighten one. Please tell me what to do. I am terrified that my son will act out with any further correction. Every time there is a no he wants to run away, every time there is a restriction. My husband is a different matter all together.  

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

You're an idiot. 

Parent your kid. 

Leave the douch bag of a husband. 

Get your shit together. 

You are an ADULT. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM
You wouldn't chase your son? So, you'd let him run down the street and possibly get hit by a car? He's 5!!

Quoting sampson200:

1. I would not have chased my son. You gave him what he wanted; attention for bad behavior.

2. Your husband is a Grade A asshat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)