Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You were not invited and your kid was for damn sure not invited...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
We have a large group of us that play poker once a month. It is a friendly game, and just something we all enjoy. Anyways, so there is a woman that plays with us, who we really like. The problem is she always brings her adult children who no one can stand... They are just trashy and annoying. The biggest issue is her daughter brings her toddler, who is just a bad kid all around. I dont want the daughter or the kid there. There is 0 parenting, the kid runs around breaking things and cussing (which they think is cute) He is 4. He belongs in bed at home with a babysitter, not running around my house at all hours of the night. I specifically get a babysitter for my kid, so that I can enjoy an adult evening.

The daughter just posted on facebook that she is looking forward to poker tonight. I dont want to be rude, but how do I tell her that A: she wasnt invited and B: if she is coming, her child isnt welcome.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
9 moms liked this
I would respond back that this is an adult only event and no children allowed. Plain and simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Talk to the woman you invited first. Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you the one hosting the "party"? Be honest. "Listen I like you but your I don't feel comfortable with your daughter and grandchild being here." The end. Keep it simple and don't go into details.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Tell her just that. If it's your home.. Don't let her in. Easy fix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Send her a private message and tell her that you prefer that she didn't come and that no children are aloud!

RLT2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Just be rude. She's going to take anything you say, no matter how nicely, as rudeness anyway.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I agree with the others, just tell her no kids allowed.

I'm just curious how a 4 year old can be labeled as a bad kid... undisciplined maybe, but not bad. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I have. In fact, I specifically didnt invite the grandma this round. She saw it on facebook (someone else posted, not me) and said oooh poker tonight cant wait, then the daughter posted 5 mins later about going to poker... ugh I guess I am just too nice, but I feel bad saying, sorry you arent invited lol

Quoting moosesmom:

Are you the one hosting the "party"? Be honest. "Listen I like you but your I don't feel comfortable with your daughter and grandchild being here." The end. Keep it simple and don't go into details.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ohh, let us know how it goes...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

You don't tell the daughter she isn't invited.  You tell her mother she's not invited and her grandson is not invited.  You say you want the poker evening to be just adults with no family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)