Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that food stamps should cover

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

dog food and cat food. After all, it is FOOD and they are part of the family composition and have necessary expenses, just like children and just like children that people choose to have should not have to suffer for the misfortune of their owners. 

That is all.

Bash away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (181-188):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it should cover beer and cigs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Even the poor pay taxes to state in the form of sales tax, tolls, property tax if they own the home, etc. The federal goverment is not the only funding for public assistance. State funding is added as well.

Quoting wkukid:

Calling taxpayers idiots is like biting the hand that pays for your soda and Cheetos. Tsk tsk. And if you have a pet food pantry around that's one thing. Expecting taxpayers to cover dog food is another.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am tired of idiots thinking those of us on fs has all this crap,by the way we work but with kids meds being so darn high. My net is through my inlaws. You know where i get my name brand clothes etc? Garage sales. If I had a expensive purse it would be a gift from family, As far as dog food etc nope not on fs but if your in dire need some places have pet food pantries now.

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I get foodstamps... and i own pets! Im not getting rid if my dogs and cats cause we hit a rough spot! Its not their fault! And i refuse to take them to a shelter or throw them on cl!!

Have you heard of the people who "flip" the pets on craigslist? They get them free or for a small rehoming fee and then turn around and sell them for profit. It's maddening.

littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Eat the animals and save a Food Stamp!!  (sorry had to say it)

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM

If you have pa you probably don't own a home unless you hit random hard times. Not every area has tolls, and I'm sure what little they buy that isn't covered by wic, food stamps or welfare checks isn't coming close to covering the PA they get.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even the poor pay taxes to state in the form of sales tax, tolls, property tax if they own the home, etc. The federal goverment is not the only funding for public assistance. State funding is added as well.

Quoting wkukid:

Calling taxpayers idiots is like biting the hand that pays for your soda and Cheetos. Tsk tsk. And if you have a pet food pantry around that's one thing. Expecting taxpayers to cover dog food is another.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am tired of idiots thinking those of us on fs has all this crap,by the way we work but with kids meds being so darn high. My net is through my inlaws. You know where i get my name brand clothes etc? Garage sales. If I had a expensive purse it would be a gift from family, As far as dog food etc nope not on fs but if your in dire need some places have pet food pantries now.

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Good thing the government sees it as a felony. Maybe they can do the same to you in jail. Then we don't have to feed the jailbird, we can just kill it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, I don't think my taxes should pay to feed animals, I'd much rather them dead.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know grocery stories differentiated between groceries paid for by cash and by food stamps. Welfare food? Really, I hope you'd then be arrested for shooting the animal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd rather shoot the animal than feed them welfare food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM

For the record asshole, I am not on welfare and I work at an animal shelter. I do have priorities. The animals I care for at work who wouldn't be there if people could afford to feed their pets when they fall on hard times.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

Oh shut uppp seriously! The nuts on CM keep getting nuttier I swear! You can't even feed your kids and your worried about feeding you pets?  PRIORITIES.  If your so concerned about where your cats next meal comes from then get your shit together and earn a living...since clearly the concept of feeding your kids didn't give you the push to do so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)