Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that food stamps should cover

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

dog food and cat food. After all, it is FOOD and they are part of the family composition and have necessary expenses, just like children and just like children that people choose to have should not have to suffer for the misfortune of their owners. 

That is all.

Bash away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing that aren't luxuries are food, water, shelter, clothes and heat. A animal is a luxury.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

No. Those are luxuries. Pets you had when you could afford them and then lost your job shouldn't suffer, but I'm sure you're all for those pets being put to sleep.

happy41ce
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Lmao.. Uh no. For one if you need foodstamps to fees your family then you don't need pets!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Maybe eat your pets before you get FS?
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Umm, that will never happen.  I don't receive any help, we pay our way.  But I wouldn't be against it if food stamps started covering things like toilet paper, soap and toothpaste.  I mean...if there was ever a necessity other than food - those items would qualify, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not gonna bash. But why not make the dog food. Ehh but i kinda think if we can claim our kids on our taxes how come pet owners cant claim their pets. Some people spend as much on caring.for their pets as we do on kids. Just sayin.......

Making the dog food is a good idea, but what if they have no where to store it properly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Just beat that food stamp horse a little more ladies.
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I love animals but no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

no they are not, but they are a part of the family and are not disposable. We have a cat and we love her like family. (no we arent on pa)

Quoting shell3m:

are you effin' kidding me???  animals are NOT children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Only those on food stamps would carry Coach.  Thats like the PA version of designer wear.   We just laugh our asses off at the 'burbs types who carry Coach.

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

shell3m
by Shell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

yes, but if they get out, their instincts take over and they will find food and survive....unlike small children.  You will never convince me that pets are just as important as children...come on now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shell3m:

are you effin' kidding me???  animals are NOT children.

Animals are completely dependent on their owner for their needs just like children are dependent on there parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)