Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that food stamps should cover

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

dog food and cat food. After all, it is FOOD and they are part of the family composition and have necessary expenses, just like children and just like children that people choose to have should not have to suffer for the misfortune of their owners. 

That is all.

Bash away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
if you really think about it... a pet could eat REALLY well on the fs already given. Haven't met a dog yet that doesn't like a nice t-bone steak..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

lol no. if you cant affordto feed your children you shouldnt have a pet.

I'm talking about pets people had before being on PA, like registered and licensed pets. A person can be arrested for neglecting and abusing a pet  just as they can be arrested for neglecting and abusing their child. No reason for the pet to suffer because the economy is down the shitter.

shell3m
by Shell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

yea, so.  I have 3 snakes that I cuddle with that are for me and my boys and Iove them so much but their mice that they eat should not be covered by food stamps.  that's just stupid.

Quoting mary841108:

no they are not, but they are a part of the family and are not disposable. We have a cat and we love her like family. (no we arent on pa)

Quoting shell3m:

are you effin' kidding me???  animals are NOT children.

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Lol true..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I so totally agree.  They (all the so called experts and doctors) say that a pet dog or cat helps teach kids responsibility, would help the older person not be so lonely and just think keeping all those "stray" animals off the streets.  What good it would do!!!! But it has gotten so damn hard to adopt a shelter dog or cat today it would not surprize me if the food stamp office would "limit" you to 1 dog and 1 cat per household or some BS like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Quoting MommyFlood:

Agreed. Food is a hell of a lot cheaper than vet visits.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you cant afford to feed your family, you cant afford pets

Their vet visits would be discounted already considering if you are on FS and medicaid the ASPCA in many places offers low rates to low income families.

SuperMommy8908
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I think if something happens in your life and your option for the family is to have to get food stamps AND you previously had pets in your household (not like 10 cats, and 5 dogs) but the acceptable amount of pet then YES i believe it should be there to help, or some other kind of assistance to help, so you dont have to send your beloved animals to the shelter, to possibly die, or never get adopted, as a lot of older pets do.

But if you have always been on PA and food stamps and then are like yeah lets get a dog that we cant afford then of course not, get on your feet first, support your current household. then once you are stable, get a pet if you so choose.

LizzieAnnesMom
by โ˜†Mrs.Winchesterโ˜† on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
then the pet should be given to someone who can take care of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

lol no. if you cant affordto feed your children you shouldnt have a pet.

I'm talking about pets people had before being on PA, like registered and licensed pets. A person can be arrested for neglecting and abusing a pet  just as they can be arrested for neglecting and abusing their child. No reason for the pet to suffer because the economy is down the shitter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
We choose to have a cat so he's our responsibility, we make sure there is enough money for his food and his litter. If you can't afford by your own means don't take in extra responsibilities.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
We choose to have a cat so he's our responsibility, we make sure there is enough money for his food and his litter. If you can't afford by your own means don't take in extra responsibilities.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN