Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that food stamps should cover

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

dog food and cat food. After all, it is FOOD and they are part of the family composition and have necessary expenses, just like children and just like children that people choose to have should not have to suffer for the misfortune of their owners. 

That is all.

Bash away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
mary841108
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think it is. if a family who isnt abusing the system happens to fall on hard times, should they give up the pet they love or let it starve or whatever? i dont think they should at all.

Quoting shell3m:

yea, so.  I have 3 snakes that I cuddle with that are for me and my boys and Iove them so much but their mice that they eat should not be covered by food stamps.  that's just stupid.

Quoting mary841108:

no they are not, but they are a part of the family and are not disposable. We have a cat and we love her like family. (no we arent on pa)

Quoting shell3m:

are you effin' kidding me???  animals are NOT children.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I disagree with you, having pets is optionally. The states priority is you and your kids. Jmot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

After the EIC payouts with all the poor people on here, I now associate Disneyland/disneyworld with poor people. Everyone gets 10k back on top of all their PA and instead of using the money responsibly they go to those places.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only those on food stamps would carry Coach.  Thats like the PA version of designer wear.   We just laugh our asses off at the 'burbs types who carry Coach.

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I'm not on any PA but don't own a pet right now because of the costs but I will gladly pay for yours...NOT!

Way to ASSume I am on PA. I am not. I am just an animal lover and hate watching people bringing their pets in to be euthanized when they are considered "too old" to be adopted.

shell3m
by Shell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

in order to take care of their CHILDREN then yes that is something that might have to happen.  is it easy? hell no but kids will always come first....

Quoting mary841108:

i dont think it is. if a family who isnt abusing the system happens to fall on hard times, should they give up the pet they love or let it starve or whatever? i dont think they should at all.

Quoting shell3m:

yea, so.  I have 3 snakes that I cuddle with that are for me and my boys and Iove them so much but their mice that they eat should not be covered by food stamps.  that's just stupid.

Quoting mary841108:

no they are not, but they are a part of the family and are not disposable. We have a cat and we love her like family. (no we arent on pa)

Quoting shell3m:

are you effin' kidding me???  animals are NOT children.

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

big smile mini

Quoting wkukid:

I agree, and they should cover getting your nails and hair did, and cable and that big screen tv you want. And that coach purse you NEED. Hell I will just send you my SO's next check flat out. I'm sure your would love that.

Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Absolutely disagree.

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Food stamps are for people.  

Natalie1112
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Wtf!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)