Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else doing a real no poo? No baking soda, no water no nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have literally gone about 2 or 3 months without washing my hair. I keep saying I'm going to do it and find myself procrastinating about it. Washing my hair is a production and I'm avoiding it as long as possible. Anyone else doing a real no poo, no nothing, no baking soda or water on their hair and seeing good results?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I use Egg yolk, but my hair is protein sensitive. Egg is a strong protein so I cannot do that too often. I have ethnic hair.

Quoting Josie_P:

I use lemon juice or just baking soda and water. You can also use egg yolk with olive oil as a conditioner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I really want to try the no poo thing but use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  I don't think I can though.  If I don't wash my hair at least ever 3 days it gets incredibly itchy and start to look like it is separating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I know I need to wash mine. I'm just being lazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really want to try the no poo thing but use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  I don't think I can though.  If I don't wash my hair at least ever 3 days it gets incredibly itchy and start to look like it is separating.  

ABeautifulQadar
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Ummm.... Why is your hair so hard to wash? Its true that we shouldn't wash all the time. In the winter I wash one a week and blow dry then flat iron. But I think you need to wash you're hair unless you want to see dread locks soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a schedule of 3x weekly and then one day, I just missed a week, then another week until I got here.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Why are you not washing your hair?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Oh I love using olivw oil in my hair... so soft. I didnt know you coyld use lemon though. I was using baking soda..... I may try the lemon this week. I am trying to wean down shampoo and conditioner, it makes my hair way too dry and then itchy because it dries out my scalp

Quoting Josie_P:

I use lemon juice or just baking soda and water. You can also use egg yolk with olive oil as a conditioner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

i know how you feel.  I hate washing my hair.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Josie_P
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

The shampoo I use made my hair really itchy too :/ I was like wtf lol. I don't use lemon juice too much, only in the summer to lighten my hair. 

Quoting Barronbaby:

Oh I love using olivw oil in my hair... so soft. I didnt know you coyld use lemon though. I was using baking soda..... I may try the lemon this week. I am trying to wean down shampoo and conditioner, it makes my hair way too dry and then itchy because it dries out my scalp

Quoting Josie_P:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

it's long and thick and hard to comb :( I don't mean to be unsanitary, I just hate breaking combs.

Quoting Anonymous:

i know how you feel.  I hate washing my hair.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I can't use the flat iron too often. My hair strands are fine. But when i wash, I have a lot of prep and after work. I pre-condish, then dryer, then wash, then deep condition again, then ACV rinse, then air dry a little, then blow dry, or fully air dry. Then I have to coat it with heat protectant, spray one, sit under the dryer again ..see I'm tired just writing it all out.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Ummm.... Why is your hair so hard to wash? Its true that we shouldn't wash all the time. In the winter I wash one a week and blow dry then flat iron. But I think you need to wash you're hair unless you want to see dread locks soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a schedule of 3x weekly and then one day, I just missed a week, then another week until I got here.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Why are you not washing your hair?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

No. Thats what i did as a teen to get dreads. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)