Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else doing a real no poo? No baking soda, no water no nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have literally gone about 2 or 3 months without washing my hair. I keep saying I'm going to do it and find myself procrastinating about it. Washing my hair is a production and I'm avoiding it as long as possible. Anyone else doing a real no poo, no nothing, no baking soda or water on their hair and seeing good results?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

...thats excessive. you are going to damage your hair doing all that crap. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't use the flat iron too often. My hair strands are fine. But when i wash, I have a lot of prep and after work. I pre-condish, then dryer, then wash, then deep condition again, then ACV rinse, then air dry a little, then blow dry, or fully air dry. Then I have to coat it with heat protectant, spray one, sit under the dryer again ..see I'm tired just writing it all out.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Ummm.... Why is your hair so hard to wash? Its true that we shouldn't wash all the time. In the winter I wash one a week and blow dry then flat iron. But I think you need to wash you're hair unless you want to see dread locks soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a schedule of 3x weekly and then one day, I just missed a week, then another week until I got here.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Why are you not washing your hair?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I only flat iron my hair 1x every 6 mths. I don't use heat on my hair often at all. My hair is the longest and thickest it's ever been in my adult life. It seems like a lot, but a Prepoo & Deep condition, ACV rinse are the only things  Icannot remove from my routine.

Quoting Anonymous:

...thats excessive. you are going to damage your hair doing all that crap. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't use the flat iron too often. My hair strands are fine. But when i wash, I have a lot of prep and after work. I pre-condish, then dryer, then wash, then deep condition again, then ACV rinse, then air dry a little, then blow dry, or fully air dry. Then I have to coat it with heat protectant, spray one, sit under the dryer again ..see I'm tired just writing it all out.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Ummm.... Why is your hair so hard to wash? Its true that we shouldn't wash all the time. In the winter I wash one a week and blow dry then flat iron. But I think you need to wash you're hair unless you want to see dread locks soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a schedule of 3x weekly and then one day, I just missed a week, then another week until I got here.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Ive tried every kind possible and they all dry out my hair and scalp... I have dove now but its not helping. I added olive oil treatments weekly which help with the itchy. And am down to washing once a week which helps a ton too but for the whole day and a half after washing I look like I have bugs from scratching so much

Quoting Josie_P:

The shampoo I use made my hair really itchy too :/ I was like wtf lol. I don't use lemon juice too much, only in the summer to lighten my hair. 

Quoting Barronbaby:

Oh I love using olivw oil in my hair... so soft. I didnt know you coyld use lemon though. I was using baking soda..... I may try the lemon this week. I am trying to wean down shampoo and conditioner, it makes my hair way too dry and then itchy because it dries out my scalp

Quoting Josie_P:

I use lemon juice or just baking soda and water. You can also use egg yolk with olive oil as a conditioner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yeah I understand but you've gotta at least rinse with water I think

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I want proof of this super special hair that NEEDS all this. 

I am italian. I have hair down to my ass, and it is SUPER thick, and naturally curly, and FRIZZY. 

Normal shampoo and care, is FINE for it. 

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

No.The most is 2 weeks. The itching is definitely a sign, LOL!

lillysnow
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I use body wash and it worksGreat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

lol my hair is med length and thin.  However I have 3 daughters.  They are mixed.  Their hair comes down to almost there butt when wet.  It is super thick and curly.  I have had more than one comb snap in my hands.  I especially hate it when a thick shower comb snaps on my hands.  

Quoting Anonymous:

it's long and thick and hard to comb :( I don't mean to be unsanitary, I just hate breaking combs.

Quoting Anonymous:

i know how you feel.  I hate washing my hair.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I need to wash mine. I'm just being lazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really want to try the no poo thing but use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  I don't think I can though.  If I don't wash my hair at least ever 3 days it gets incredibly itchy and start to look like it is separating.  

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

I have to wash my hair lol. How are you keeping it clean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I know I know LMAO, I'll get on that. I know its gross.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

No.The most is 2 weeks. The itching is definitely a sign, LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN