Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else doing a real no poo? No baking soda, no water no nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have literally gone about 2 or 3 months without washing my hair. I keep saying I'm going to do it and find myself procrastinating about it. Washing my hair is a production and I'm avoiding it as long as possible. Anyone else doing a real no poo, no nothing, no baking soda or water on their hair and seeing good results?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I hear you, I feel like its a challenge i have to overcome weekly.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol my hair is med length and thin.  However I have 3 daughters.  They are mixed.  Their hair comes down to almost there butt when wet.  It is super thick and curly.  I have had more than one comb snap in my hands.  I especially hate it when a thick shower comb snaps on my hands.  

Quoting Anonymous:

it's long and thick and hard to comb :( I don't mean to be unsanitary, I just hate breaking combs.

Quoting Anonymous:

i know how you feel.  I hate washing my hair.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I need to wash mine. I'm just being lazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really want to try the no poo thing but use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  I don't think I can though.  If I don't wash my hair at least ever 3 days it gets incredibly itchy and start to look like it is separating.  

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM

does it not itch ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I tried the apple cider vinegar/water solution 3 weeks ago and found out my skin is extremely intolerant to it. I ended up with what looked like chemical burns down my back, my shoulders, my arms... My head still burns from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really want to try the no poo thing but use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  I don't think I can though.  If I don't wash my hair at least ever 3 days it gets incredibly itchy and start to look like it is separating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

it just started itching last week, I think i'll wash it tomorrow

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

does it not itch ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

you have to make sure you dilute it with majority water.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried the apple cider vinegar/water solution 3 weeks ago and found out my skin is extremely intolerant to it. I ended up with what looked like chemical burns down my back, my shoulders, my arms... My head still burns from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM

fantastic idea :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it just started itching last week, I think i'll wash it tomorrow

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

does it not itch ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I did. But thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

you have to make sure you dilute it with majority water.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I just started going "no poo" the last few days but I'm using baking soda and lemon juice. I can't stand the thought of not using ANYTHING at all to wash my hair. So far, I'm liking the results. I've heard about the dreaded "oily stage" but I'm not sure when that's supposed to occur.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

GROSS

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I can't go 24 hours without washing my hair...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)