Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else doing a real no poo? No baking soda, no water no nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have literally gone about 2 or 3 months without washing my hair. I keep saying I'm going to do it and find myself procrastinating about it. Washing my hair is a production and I'm avoiding it as long as possible. Anyone else doing a real no poo, no nothing, no baking soda or water on their hair and seeing good results?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (61-63):
morriganna
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM

No way, not with my hair!  I sometimes use baking soda, sometimes shampoo and have to add the baking soda to regular shampoo for my teens' oily hair.  True nopoo does NOT work for straight and/or fine hair.

emt088
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I actually did this last year for a couple of months. The acv just couldn't keep up with my build up and I looked like I mad mange before I was able to get it back under control :/

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting emt088:

Nope. I have sebhorrehic dermatitis. I would scratch myself raw if I didn't use my medicated** shampoo

I have eczema on my scalp and have been doing the no poo(no shampoo) for about 9 mos now and found my scalp is sooooo much better. If my hair feels a little dirtier I use the baking soda,if my scalp is a little itchy I use either the baking soda or apple cider vinegar and water ...the baking soda helps with the dirty and sometimes slightly oily feeling and the vinegar helps with both the dry scalp(helps loosen the dry skin so it will wash away)the vinegar also helps moisturize/condition your hair. Sometimes I just rinse with water. No matte just water,baking soda and water or apple cider vinegar and water you want to make sure you get it well throughout your hair and massage thoughly everywhere just as if you were using shampoo.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought you all would like to know, that I finally washed my stinky hair. I have to make sure I keep on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)