Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession for the evening

Posted by   + Show Post
Tonight we went to my grandparents house for dinner. My grandparents have a standard poodle. Well, during dinner and dessert, my grandfather let this dog literally get a half an inch from his plate while he is eating. So my confession is, that i think its disgusting to let your dog get that close to your food, while you are eating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
ALXtheg8
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I think that's nasty. It's nasty to have pet hair on the table, in the kitchen at all period. Gag
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Im the same way. My grandfather allows both

Quoting wkukid:

I don't allow any animal near food, or to lick me on my face. I think both are gross.

kellymarie323
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I agree. My father was very strict about this and now as an adult it really bugs me. My dogs (chocolate lab & golden retriever) sit in the other room while we eat. Good dogs :)
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Agreed. At least the o.e good thing about poodles is that they dont shed. I have come close to popping this dog for getting too close to my food

Quoting ALXtheg8:

I think that's nasty. It's nasty to have pet hair on the table, in the kitchen at all period. Gag
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Me too... My husbands will not even let the dogs near us when we are eating.   His dad however will feed them out his mouth.  It makes me gag. 

Quoting armyvet06:

It grosses me out

Quoting Michelle479:

I agree no animals near the food

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
We had a dog growing up that would either lay under the table or in a different room.

Quoting kellymarie323:

I agree. My father was very strict about this and now as an adult it really bugs me. My dogs (chocolate lab & golden retriever) sit in the other room while we eat. Good dogs :)
My-mono-twins
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

yuk!

ALXtheg8
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My parents let their pets lick the plates when they are done. Ewwwwww!

Quoting armyvet06:

Agreed. At least the o.e good thing about poodles is that they dont shed. I have come close to popping this dog for getting too close to my food

Quoting ALXtheg8:

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Wow!! I have my dog trained to not even come in the kitchen, EVER!!

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I have 2 dogs and I have a no dog in the room with food rule. I won't take a chance even though I feel that they wouldn't bite I wouldn't want to say I was wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)