Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my son should stay in the hospital one more night...HELP

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
J3
  • 3 Replies
He contracted herpes simplex 1. Actually very common in kids. Didn't know that. Anyways, he was admitted with bloody sores all over inside his mouth and on his lips and starting on the outside of his mouth plus dehydration. So basically dehydration with pain management. We have been here for two nights. He still hurts a lot and is not drinking well in my opinion. He has only taken his medicine orally one time with myself and the nurse pinning him down.

I think he needs to stay one more night for pain management and to practice more on giving him his meds. What do you girls think. I feel like the nurse he has down plays everything. Ugh.

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

if your insurance will cover it and you insist, they will let you stay. My hospital tried to kick me out--I delivered my DD Tues 1AM, and Thurs AM they were trying to throw me out. DD was showing signs of jaundice and my legs were so swollen from meds I couldn't get pants on. I knew my insurance covered two full nights AFTER delivery (and I delivered after midnight so Tues did not count) so I told them that and refused to leave.  I won!  The nurse has seen this often prior and that's why she doesnt seem as worried I would assume.  Ask for and insist on speaking with the doctor.

hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

BUMP!

hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured