Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this seem fair or am I being whiny?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ok so please no mean comments.

Here's my question do u think its fair?

I am full time student and I watch my DD who is 2 and S/O goes to school and works full time. I schedule my classes when either he isn't working or I get online classes so we won't have to spend to much on babysitting. Anyway the only time I am away from DD is when I have class other than that she is with me. I don't go out like ever. Not a problem with me until now! Yet S/O has a gym membership and goes at least 4 times a week, no less if not he gets all moody. I don't have a membership or anything I don't get my nails done or anything because I like to save money and he's usually working or school or at the gym so I don't go. He's at the gym now and DD is sleeping while I'm just at home writing this post. Does this sound fair? Anyone else in the same boat?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I think you are deluded if you think you don't have a problem with it. You sound resentful

GwenGray
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Honestly not really.. you need your "you" time too. For me I'm an artist so luckily I don't have to really go out to do something I love... Belly dance I do in my home (willing to teach if anyone is interested!) and sword fighting we don't do very often anymore. But I also have a SO who is into the same things I am (except the belly dance.. that'd be weird :P )

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I would love to take some belly dancing classes! How neat.

Quoting GwenGray:

Honestly not really.. you need your "you" time too. For me I'm an artist so luckily I don't have to really go out to do something I love... Belly dance I do in my home (willing to teach if anyone is interested!) and sword fighting we don't do very often anymore. But I also have a SO who is into the same things I am (except the belly dance.. that'd be weird :P )

annelauer
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Being a mom is tough. I know that my needs are often overlooked as well. I was beginning to get bitter about it, but after some self-reflection, I realized I don't ask for things or explain what my needs are. And even if my husband tries to do something for me, I usually tell him we'd be better off to save the money or time or do something for the kids. Then I get upset that he does more for himself instead. For me, the key was in asking for things and in learning to recognize and accept the things he did give. The second one is the most important, I think. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Im a firm believe that every mother need "me" time. Im was in the same boat and I felt overwhelmed. I spoke to s/o about it and he understood and then allowed me 2 hours alone after class to do homework and whatever else. I rarely go out but when I do maybe once a month during warm weather his mother watches our son.
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
is he making you stay at home all the time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adhaodd1child
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Teach me teach me pretty please with a cherry on top

Quoting GwenGray:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Sounds familiar. I am waiting to move back into town. I need the gym as well. I am tired of being at home.

But yep I didn't get relief until my youngest went to school. Now I have all day about 8 hours to do what I want.

Things will change if he doesn't want to help you. 

kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM
This is very wise advice.

I don't have that issue but like this one I am vocal about my wants and needs to dh.

Quoting annelauer:

Being a mom is tough. I know that my needs are often overlooked as well. I was beginning to get bitter about it, but after some self-reflection, I realized I don't ask for things or explain what my needs are. And even if my husband tries to do something for me, I usually tell him we'd be better off to save the money or time or do something for the kids. Then I get upset that he does more for himself instead. For me, the key was in asking for things and in learning to recognize and accept the things he did give. The second one is the most important, I think. Good luck!

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Life isn't fair...but that isn't the point.

Unless you tell your S/O that you have a problem with the arrangement he won't know.  Until I told my husband that I needed a "me night" he thought everything was fine me being a SAHM and him getting a guys night out once a week.  We agreed on Thursday for my night out-but honestly more often than not I don't use it-but knowing its there if I want it has worked WONDERS.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)