Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Arthritis?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
So on top of having an undiagnosed autoimmune disease I also have a lot of arthritis everywhere...lower back, neck, knees & hands. I currently take 3 lortab a day but they don't really help. Does anyone have any ways that I can ease this arthritis pain? I'm in so much pain. My rheumatologist is starting me on a prescription that will help with the arthritis and swelling in my fingers but it won't help anywhere else.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Do you live in a medical marijuana state?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I have RA. I was diagnosed with it in 2001. My doctor put me on prednisone initially and it was a God send. It took away my swelling and eased the pain a lot. I'm now on other meds to manage my disease and I rarely take prednisone but still need to occasionally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I'm not sure...I live in NY.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Do you live in a medical marijuana state?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Yeah they said RA is a possibility...or lupus or fibro maybe. They just aren't sure yet and said I don't meet all the criteria to be diagnosed yet. I wish I could get some answers...I'm only 27 and I feel like I'm 67.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have RA. I was diagnosed with it in 2001. My doctor put me on prednisone initially and it was a God send. It took away my swelling and eased the pain a lot. I'm now on other meds to manage my disease and I rarely take prednisone but still need to occasionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
My symptoms don't follow the "normal" pattern of RA, so technically I was diagnosed with "nonspecific RA". I was 22 when my symptoms started, I'm now 35. It was really hard being so young, yet feeling soooo old. It's terrible. I hope they get you some answers soon!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they said RA is a possibility...or lupus or fibro maybe. They just aren't sure yet and said I don't meet all the criteria to be diagnosed yet. I wish I could get some answers...I'm only 27 and I feel like I'm 67.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thank you! I'm a single mom with 3 kids ages 3 and under and every day life is so difficult :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My symptoms don't follow the "normal" pattern of RA, so technically I was diagnosed with "nonspecific RA". I was 22 when my symptoms started, I'm now 35. It was really hard being so young, yet feeling soooo old. It's terrible. I hope they get you some answers soon!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Capsaicin cream or Active On Arthtris.  Also Glucosamine Chondroitin Hyaluronic Acid.  Move to a dry climate if you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM
When I was diagnosed DD was 3mos old and DS was 3yrs old. DH was absolutely no help!! He was too busy running the streets and getting f#%*ed up. It was hard, but things have gotten better. Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I'm a single mom with 3 kids ages 3 and under and every day life is so difficult :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

We have similar situation and I have a chiropractor who is great at helping me with the pain in my back and keeping me mobil. I also use a heating pad,ice packs,icy hot and motrin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)