Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a minivan?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm cringing at the thought, but I think we need one. Ugh, so uncool!!! Anyway, we have 5 kids, and two adults in our family. We need something that seats 7-8 people, 4 in car seats and maybe a 5th soon.

What do you have? Do you love it? Hate it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (241-249):
Larsbug
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I always said I would NEVER drive a minivan... then at 9 months pregnant with DS2 I said I needed one... my mom goes everywhere with us (since she lives with us), then there is DH, and my 2 kids (hopefully more soon) and it seats 8, plus tons of storage. Drives amazing and I LOVE it! The doors open back and not out, they are automatic, there is SO much room and it's great in the snow. We have a Honda Odyssey

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
The Odyssey is getting lots of love in this post! I wish they were a bit more affordable.Hmmph.

Quoting Larsbug:

I always said I would NEVER drive a minivan... then at 9 months pregnant with DS2 I said I needed one... my mom goes everywhere with us (since she lives with us), then there is DH, and my 2 kids (hopefully more soon) and it seats 8, plus tons of storage. Drives amazing and I LOVE it! The doors open back and not out, they are automatic, there is SO much room and it's great in the snow. We have a Honda Odyssey

Larsbug
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

yeah...not gonna lie, our payment is $400 a month but totally worth it

Quoting Anonymous:

The Odyssey is getting lots of love in this post! I wish they were a bit more affordable.Hmmph.

Quoting Larsbug:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Fabulous24
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hell No! I have a 2011 GMC Acadia 8 passengers. You have options you don't have to get a mini van.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teacherandamom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM
If I could afford it, I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
It sounds like a great value, the resale is fantastic. There's no way I can swing a payment like that though, but maybe I'll get lucky with a good deal on a used one! Seating 8 is a huge draw for me, if sil is indeed pregnant,most likely the baby would be placed with me (I have her other kids), so I may need the extra seat.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Larsbug:

luvschocolate
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
we did but it died so my hubby had tne nerve to get a sports car. We have 3 kids and only one car so it can be a tight fit. Im really liking the crossovers. If I win the lottery , I'm getting a Chevy Traverse, seats 8.
Larsbug
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like a great value, the resale is fantastic. There's no way I can swing a payment like that though, but maybe I'll get lucky with a good deal on a used one! Seating 8 is a huge draw for me, if sil is indeed pregnant,most likely the baby would be placed with me (I have her other kids), so I may need the extra seat.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Larsbug:

the one that I have is a 2009 (DH bought it for me for Christmas), so it is a bit older, but it had 57,000 and it was around 17,000...the reason our payment is so high is because we had $4,000 is rollover (ouch!) and no down payment

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM
My fil had one of those and liked it very much! I'm somewhat hesitant to get an suv, at least a full size one, because we park in a cramped underground garage. Parking a huge vehicle would be awkward, and the kids hitting our neighbors' cars with the doors would be inevitable. I'm not ruling it out though. Thanks!

Quoting Fabulous24:

Hell No! I have a 2011 GMC Acadia 8 passengers. You have options you don't have to get a mini van.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)