Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idc if this makes me shallow *pics page 8 & 9 *

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
There is this guy I know. He's been after me for a yr now. I've known him since elementary school but he's just recently this year tried to be more than friends.

He's really a great guy. Basically everything I would look for. Good looking, financially stable, amazing to my kids, treats me like there isn't another woman alive.

But he FUCKING STINKS. Like not bad breath or musky from a hard days work. He smells like there's a dead animal in his back pocket. I literally want to gag when he's close. Even after he claims to have showered. Cologne doesn't even mask it. I have NO clue why he smells so horrid. I have to febreeze my couch when he leaves and can still smell him days later. It's really disgusting I don't know how else to describe it other than a dead animal. I've tried for months to look past it. I no longer can. I can't stomach it any longer. I cringe when he tries to kiss me.

How do I tell him I can't hang out with him anymore without being rude?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Why don't you sit down with him instead and tell him with all honesty that his smell really is offensive? Put feelings aside. You'd be doing him a favor. Maybe he needs to see a Doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I just don't think I could. There is no way he doesn't smell himself!

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Why don't you sit down with him instead and tell him with all honesty that his smell really is offensive? Put feelings aside. You'd be doing him a favor. Maybe he needs to see a Doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
The he stinks part made me laugh, then I lost interest.
lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

OMG.. I have no clue what I would do in your situation!
Make sure you update us if you do decide to tell him... GL!

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I think you should be honest. you don't smell that bad without something being wrong. 

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Just stop calling him or taking his calls and stop being available to hang out.  That's what I would do if I couldn't bring myself to talk to him.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to go to the doctor. Some people can't help it, but there is things that can change it that are prescribed by doctors. It's been a while, but I read an article on someone that had body odor and the doc helped out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I wouldn't even know how to start that conversation.....
parentalrights1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I stopped dating a guy for his awful hygiene.

Don't even get me started on the pubic hair infesting bathroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
He would show up at my house.

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

Just stop calling him or taking his calls and stop being available to hang out.  That's what I would do if I couldn't bring myself to talk to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured