Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you think of this child?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 94 Replies
A 12 year old girl who feels the need to make it a point to let her Father know she is on her period. (Kind of gets a little giddy about telling him) Still has her father get her dinner, pour her drink etc. Has Father read her a bedtime story. Is this "normal" behavior for girls at 12? Or is it only weird to me? I'll edit for the few saying I'm jealous or hate my SD. I love her AND my other SD7. I'm just curious if this is abnormal. (SEEING AS IVE NEVER DEALT WITH TWEENS BEFORE. SHEEESH) haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TashaB82
by Tootie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That's weird. Maybe it's the extra attention she gets. When I was that age I was too embarrassed to let my dad know I was on mine.

skittlefart
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think so? I don't know anyone who gets excited about announcing their period to anyone...but then again I don't know of a 12 year old who gets read a bedtime story, pour her drink or anything either...

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 0 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
levansbx
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I feel like it's weird too. Me and my dad were definitely not like that at that age, but that's just me. Who am I to judge?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Maybe she likes the attention. Maybe she thinks it's funny to make dear old dad uncomfortable with the information.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Sounds a little out of norm, but nothing i would get worried about. It could be a little co-dependancy going on, or she is just very comfortable with her dad. 

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Its weird. I was too embarassed to tell my dad that i was on my period at that age.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I would think that she isn't getting enough attention and if I were her parents I would try to remedy it.

Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I never, ever ever told my Dad things like that and frankly he didn't want to know. It's my SD an I've never met a kid like her. I know every kids different.. But to me certain things are odd. Like she refuses to even come in a room where I am BFing... Covered. I get maybe she feels uncomfortable but instead she'll yell she needs something.

Quoting TashaB82:

That's weird. Maybe it's the extra attention she gets. When I was that age I was too embarrassed to let my dad know I was on mine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3greatkids751
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Wtf...
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
She's been extremely babied (sp?) her entire life. She didn't know boys had penises until last year. How they pulled that off I have no idea. Lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would think that she isn't getting enough attention and if I were her parents I would try to remedy it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)