Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was raised around skin heads... ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I grew up seeing the confederate flag and swastikas(sp) hearing white power. I dont remember alot of specifics but I remember some of it. My daughter is mixed and the people who were once very racist love my daughter. Not one of them are racist and those that have "white power" type tattoos regret them. Some people make mistakes in life luckily they saw reason and changed their ways. I normally hate ask me anything posts but you can if you want. ETA: Id like to clarify that the confederate flag isnt just about hate and racism.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anlei05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Chalk it up to being young and dumb, huh? I'm glad they've changed their ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
PLEASE EXPLAIN THE FLAG ISN'T JUST ABOUT HATE DAMMIT!

And my husbands grandfather was raised with the KKK, you couldn't tell it now though. Thank god. He won't even use the N word anymore. I'm proud of that man and the changes he's made.

I do believe people can change.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yeah I have known several people who were like that once and later on in life regretted it. They are really good honest accepting people now. Who not only date other races but also some of the men have come out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
They were young and dumb and Im not making excuses for them. They just changed I just remember what it was like growing up. These were my moms friends that shes still friends with. Her one friend cant shave his head because he has a flag thing on his head he also has swastikas on his arms he wants to get covered.

Quoting anlei05:

Chalk it up to being young and dumb, huh? I'm glad they've changed their ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

the conderate flag is a pride thing. not racist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Lol I know this about the flag BUT still... And thats good about your husbands grandfather. Its amazing to see such drastic positive change in people. Honestly though this post scares me thats why I went anon lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

And my husbands grandfather was raised with the KKK, you couldn't tell it now though. Thank god. He won't even use the N word anymore. I'm proud of that man and the changes he's made.

ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

So they change their views I guess people can change, lucky you have a family that can be around your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Yeah, sorry it just gets under my skin about the flag.

I don't blame you for going anon. I, myself am under anon because its not my family ya know? But I agree. It is amazing to see that amazing change in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I know this about the flag BUT still... And thats good about your husbands grandfather. Its amazing to see such drastic positive change in people. Honestly though this post scares me thats why I went anon lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Im not related to these people just good family friends who are still friends.

Quoting ivy801:

So they change their views I guess people can change, lucky you have a family that can be around your daughter.

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM
There are plenty of skinheads in this world that are not supremecists.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)