Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think most men cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do feel like I'm a bit jaded. My father cheated, my father-in-law did as well. Most of my friends have been cheated on. I know of Christian men who are involved in the church and who have cheated. Non-Christian men who cheated. Men of all different races. Men with children, without. Married men. Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It just seems like so many men do it, it's not just a certain "type".

I've had some health issues recently and my husband and I haven't had sex in about a month. We're young. 20's. Do you think he could have? I mean, I know he has "needs", so why would he be faithful to me when I have been unable to "fulfill" his needs? He works a lot, so it would be easy. It just makes me wonder, I have so many beautiful friends who had sex regularly with their husbands and yet their hubbies cheated.

What do you think; do most men cheat or am I just paranoid because of what I've seen?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Sex isn't everything in a marriage. Whether you have it or don't shouldn't matter. I get it... My dad is a cheating lying pig who cheats on my mom on a consistent and regular basis. His reasons go beyond his need for sex. He is only home long enough to sleep and eat dinner... and he is drunk any time he is home. He is self destructing, and my mom is content just waiting it out till he dies. They are a horrible example of a marriage, and were just as bad when I was growing up. 

On the flip side, my husband isn't cheating, I have zero reason to think he is, and we haven't had sex in a few months.... No health conditions besides exhaustion going on here. We show each other love in different ways, and yes, we are an older couple. We have been together long enough to know that we are each others life partners. We are best friends first, lovers second. Men can be monogamous, just like women... It is all a state of mind... If everything else is good and happy in your marriage, then the lack of sex won't matter. If there are things that need working on, then WORK ON THEM! 

ARS82078
by Angela on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Not all men cheat. My DH has been faithful for going on 13 years. My father had been for almost 40. In fact I only know of one husband if a friend may have. As in it wasn't confirmed but they divorced anyway..
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I don't think that "most" men cheat. I think that a lot of men and women too, cheat. My father did my husbands have friends who have cheated on each other and stuff. I don't think my husband has or will ever cheat on me. I am sure that most women think that their husbands will not cheat though lol. 

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Alot? Yes. All? No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy980106
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that everyone has the capability to cheat. It takes a committed person to not put themselves in that situation. Having said that, I trust my husband. He goes to work and comes home. He calls me many times a day, I drop into his office to take lunch, he lights up and asks me to stay the afternoon. He doesn't go out because he would rather be with his family. We talk about everything that affects him, me, or our family. He is truly my best friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Quoting Hayleysmom88:

No, you *think* your husband doesn't cheat because you trust him.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I think most people cheat. Men and women regardless of age, social status, job description...etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Quoting ARS82078:

Not all men cheat. My DH has been faithful for going on 13 years. My father had been for almost 40. In fact I only know of one husband if a friend may have. As in it wasn't confirmed but they divorced anyway..

Exactly. You only KNOW OF one husband who has cheated. That doesn't mean your husband/father/etc. hasn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
The women in this post projecting their insecurity on to others makes me sad.Not all men cheat and not all women cheat. I think people in general need to stop settling.
isellglasses
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Most EVERYONE, cheats. Men AND women. But that doesn't mean we all do :) if there was a reason behind not getting it, I'm sure he was understanding and didn't cheat. My dh (when we were dating) and I had the same issue, he didn't cheat but he started to get really really frustrated by the 3rd week, lol.
I don't think your dh cheated :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)