Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think most men cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I do feel like I'm a bit jaded. My father cheated, my father-in-law did as well. Most of my friends have been cheated on. I know of Christian men who are involved in the church and who have cheated. Non-Christian men who cheated. Men of all different races. Men with children, without. Married men. Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It just seems like so many men do it, it's not just a certain "type".

I've had some health issues recently and my husband and I haven't had sex in about a month. We're young. 20's. Do you think he could have? I mean, I know he has "needs", so why would he be faithful to me when I have been unable to "fulfill" his needs? He works a lot, so it would be easy. It just makes me wonder, I have so many beautiful friends who had sex regularly with their husbands and yet their hubbies cheated.

What do you think; do most men cheat or am I just paranoid because of what I've seen?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (221-228):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Be sure of someone else is now considered insecure? Wow. 

Whether you like it or not I know without a single doubt that he has never and never will cheat. We just have that kind of relationship. Maybe one day you will get to have one where there are no doubts between the two of you. 

Quoting Anonymous:
You must have so e major insecurities with your relationship if you can't even admit this.

Yes, overcompensation is a sign of insecurity.

I'm a realist.  I understand logic and reasoning.  You don't.  I almost hope your husband does cheat on you, just so you can see how naive and simple-minded you sound.  Almost.

I have one question for you. Why are you so help bent on trying to get women to doubt their spouses? Being a realist is one thing, you my dear, are coming across as a bitter pessimist. 

You keep misconstruing my point.  I don't want women to doubt their spouses, nor do I want men to.  I'm not bitter, nor pessimistic, as I don't think most people cheat.  Stop trying to twist my words.

What I think is stupid is saying someone knows with absolute certainty a spouse will never cheat.  Just admit that it's impossible to know for sure and we'll both move on.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have one question for you. Why are you so help bent on trying to get women to doubt their spouses? Being a realist is one thing, you my dear, are coming across as a bitter pessimist. 

You keep misconstruing my point.  I don't want women to doubt their spouses, nor do I want men to.  I'm not bitter, nor pessimistic, as I don't think most people cheat.  Stop trying to twist my words.

What I think is stupid is saying someone knows with absolute certainty a spouse will never cheat.  Just admit that it's impossible to know for sure and we'll both move on.

Lady, I don't believe it's impossible to know that your partner will never cheat. You do believe it's impossible. Neither of us are going to concede so we are at a stalemate. Probably best to call it a draw and leave it at that. 

Oh and I wasn't twisting your words, I said you are coming across as ... that is not saying you are, it is saying that you APPEAR to be. 

pristine729
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I believe that just as many women cheat as men do. But not EVERY man/woman. Cheating isn't situational. You're either one or you're not.

I don't know if your boyfriend is or not. But him seeing others cheat he might start to think it's socially acceptable.

Did if mother stay with his cheating father?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeaganP
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:21 AM
No. Do all women cheat
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I could never be with someone that feels that way. What a sad way of thinking.

Op, no I don't think all do.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

here's my thing.....

if he isn't getting it from you, he is gonna get it from someone else. 

so i'd start giving it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I don't think most men do that. Statistically it might be a little under half...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM

No, I absolutely refuse to believe that. It's kinda like plane crashes - we always hear about them when they happen, but what about the hundreds of thousands of successful flights every day? Only the bad things are talked about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Quoting pristine729:

I believe that just as many women cheat as men do. But not EVERY man/woman. Cheating isn't situational. You're either one or you're not.

I don't know if your boyfriend is or not. But him seeing others cheat he might start to think it's socially acceptable.

Did if mother stay with his cheating father?

No, his parents are divorced.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)